I called 911 yesterday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty-Bug

wow. Thanks for opening my eyes to how wrong I was. And no she was not just in the parking lot. She was driving OUT of the parking lot when she stopped and asked what my problem was. I didn't glare until she told me that she had a seat but the child has a high fever. I told her that she was "risking killing her child" and that is not how I put it.
I feel horrible now.
I will make sure to not make anything my business when it clearly is not. I feel horrible and I wish I would have handled that differently. I am not usually a bad person. Not at all.
I have had a few people lately tell me that I shouldn't talk about carseats and stuff. SO I guess I won't anymore. I am passionate about it but obviously don't know enough.
The reason why I posted about thinking about doing the information class was cause I was NOT comfortable with it and couldn't really think of what to do.
I am sorry that I responded the way I did. And sorry if I made any of you mad. Guess I am not good at this stuff

ADS

Misty-Bug

and rereading what I said. or recounted of what I said I feel like crap. Cause I could have done it so much better. I let my anger get the best of me.......

southpawboston

it sounds like your heart is in the right place, and that you really WANT to make a difference in an area that is important to you. the BEST way to do that is to become a CPST, then for every seatcheck you do, you WILL be making a positive difference. :thumbsup:

Connor's Mom

it sounds like your heart is in the right place, and that you really WANT to make a difference in an area that is important to you.

:yeahthat:
You are not a bad person!!!!
There are just better ways to go about it that might be more productive, less offensive and less dangerous. :)

scatterbunny

Misty, don't be so hard on yourself. I think there are times that even the most experienced CPS techs and advocates word things wrong, or choose the wrong approach. The "right" approach can vary from situation to situation, and the "wrong" wording or tone can set off some folks, while getting through to others. It's sometimes a tough call to make, deciding what will work. Just chalk this up as a learning experience and move on. :)

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Misty, don't be so hard on yourself. I think there are times that even the most experienced CPS techs and advocates word things wrong, or choose the wrong approach. The "right" approach can vary from situation to situation, and the "wrong" wording or tone can set off some folks, while getting through to others. It's sometimes a tough call to make, deciding what will work. Just chalk this up as a learning experience and move on. :)

I agree. I also think that it's time that we all move on from this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC