Vent I am not liking Britax so much right now...(LONG)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If you order a new buckle you'll have to order a new harness. They have a new double click system that works better, but it needs the tongues and the buckle to work properly, and it's a LOT better than their stupid single click buckles (which I call stupid, because I hated ours, lol).

:)

ADS

SPJ&E

If you order a new buckle you'll have to order a new harness. They have a new double click system that works better, but it needs the tongues and the buckle to work properly, and it's a LOT better than their stupid single click buckles (which I call stupid, because I hated ours, lol).

:)

I knew that :). I was considering ordering new harnesses and buckles anyway just because of that. I totally agree about this one click crap. I like 2 big clicks.

I'm going to see if they'll replace it, but since it's way out of warranty, I'm guessing they won't, so I'll just order a set (harness/buckle) and hopefully get over it.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

obamamama

Sam-- I believe that it wasn't Pacey either. He knows it's not safe to be not buckled. Funny, where did he get that from? My kids are the same way!
If you get a new buckle, I'd keep the seat-- an 05 wouldn't sell for much over $75. Still that's almost half a Nautilus.
Oh, and I've thought about getting new buckles and harness too- I don't like the old click system, mine's an 07. Let me know how much it costs ya-- so I can save my pennies!

SPJ&E

You're right about the price and I probably will end up keeping it now that I've calmed down, lol. I did clean the buckle again today (soak, rinse, soak, rinse, soak, rinse), so I know for sure there's nothing in there now. We will probably give it another shot, being super careful to pull up hard on each one every single time.

A new harness and buckle will be around $25-$30 w/ shipping (harness is $12, buckle is $10). Hopefully though, I just didn't clean it well enough the last time and we won't have any more problems out of it.

Kat_Momof3

that would definitely tick me off... definitely new harness system.

And I'm sure it wasn't Pacey... you can hear it when a kid pushes that button... omg... terrifies ya.

flutie128

I have never had a Britax seat but a buckle randomly unbuckle sounds really unsafe to me. I would hope a company would care more about a child than anything and replace the piece but I guess that is wishful thinking.

3acorns4Christy

Joel's MA did this a few months ago, FREAKED ME OUT. It did it a few times as well. Then I cleaned it and soaked it in hot water over night twice and 100% better. It hasn't come undone at all.

Joel freaked out as well yelling at me to "PULL OVER NOW!!" Which I know by him saying that that he didn't unbuckle it himself.

newyearseve04

Britax should replace your buckle/harness straps free of charge, regardless if it is out of warranty. I have had them send me new straps on my WIZARD and that is WAY out of warranty....this happened mmm a month ago.

I would call tell them exactly what happened and ask what can be done to ENSURE that this does not happen again? Tell them you don't feel safe using your MA any longer and that you have others that you are starting to question as well...see what they do. Then just politely ask....if they can replace the buckle for you.(assuming you have not had any freebies sent to you from them)

I've never had a problem when I call them. They always take care of all my issues....I don't even have to get mad. = )
Monique

SPJ&E

Well the only freebie I've had is a new harness, but it was for a different Marathon and it was to replace straps that were fraying.

One of us will give them a call today. I did clean the buckle and it seems to be clicking louder, but I don't think I can bring myself to use it again and risk it unbuckling.

SPJ&E

I never did call. With all the responses, I was afraid I was just being paranoid. I just soaked it again in warm water, then rinsed well, then soaked again, rinsed well, etc. (probably did this about 5 times) to be sure it was super clean, even though he hadn't had anything in it. The click is a little louder, I think, but I'm not sure that it's not just in my head.

It hasn't popped out on it's own since BUT it's only been used a couple times since and it's pretty random when it happens, so I can't say for sure it's perfectly fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC