Question How tall were your kids when they 5 stepped?

Athena

Vehicles vary a lot, and even seating positions within a vehicle vary. For example, some of third row seats are short, so can allow knees to bend sooner than captain's chairs. Other third rows have long buckle stalks and awful shoulder belts, so it may negate any advantage of a short seat cushion.

We don't have minivans, but I know what you mean. Last time I tried her in the small center position, mostly 5 stepped, except for the potentially fatal belly belt. :(

My 9 yo is 56 in and 65lbs and 5 steps in a crv and in my husband's truck and in my friend's tiny Toyota. But that's it. I'm getting her an Incognito so as not to violate the height restriction on most nbb. Harmony wouldn't give me a straight answer on their 57in height limit but basically told me she doesn't need a booster anymore :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no idea the CRV was that much smaller.

Have you tried an Incognito?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume this was to bnsnyde. We have 3. :)

ADS

abacus2

Rachael 5 stepped in most cars at 4'9", but she was 4'10" before I felt comfortable with her fit in the back of the van. She is now 5', well over booster weight limits, and fits really well everywhere she rides now. Emily is 4'6" and no where near ready. Her build is different, more leg, and I have a feeling she might be taller than Rachael was before she fits ideally.

luckyclov

My oldest is 12, 5 feet tall and 5-steps in our Mini Cooper and Ford F-150 SuperCrew (back seats in both), but not in my Ody (3rd row).

Athena

Sounds like there's a big range and that weight/build probably does contribute. I'm really glad I kept those FR85s! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC