How many seats do you have?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't have nearly the number I used to have. :eek: I have given away, destroyed, or sold A LOT of seats in the past year or so.

My current "extra" seats that I use for my nieces and nephews (and friends' kids) are:

~ First Years Via
~ Britax Boulevard
~ Sunshine Kids Radian XT
~ Graco Nautilus
~ Recaro Vivo

ADS

swtgi1982

Um yea let me think and get back to you on this one:whistle:
To late to count them right now.

I think total of 12 with three kids. Will make this add up for sure in the morning. To tired to see straight or think straight.

Ok let me try:

My parents car:
1- NB Turbo
1 -cosco HBB 5 point
1-cosco scenera
1-snug ride base

My van:
1-HBB Turbo
1-complete air
2-sceneras
1-snugride

Dh car:
1-cosco HB 5point
1-touriva

In-Laws:
1-cosco NB booster
(and soon to be 1-HB Turbo come spring 2010)

Yea lost count already on actual number of seats.
Some not even for my kids but I own them all.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have, I believe, fourteen seats. And no kids. Um, I think I need to sell some.

Let's see...

Nautilus
MR
2 Apexes
Cosco Pronto
Graco Airbooster
TrueFit
2 Sceneras
Cosco harnessed HBB
Cosco HBB and NBB in my garage, for super-emergency spares, which I will probably never use but can't see the sense in throwing away.
And a Radian on the way, which I may or may not keep.

Well, that's only 13... I may have forgotten one (or have I counted the expired SR I keep to use as an in-house-only infant seat?) And I just destroyed an expired AOE. Also, I owned an EFTA for about a day last week, LOL.

I'm a daycare provider/nanny for 5 kids and watch two more on a PT basis... plus I still have all of my old seats from before I found my carseat safety obsession and rotated them all out. It should be obvious which seats on the list are from "before" and "after," ha ha.

Sigh.

Anyways, I'm on the bandwagon of one seat for each car... but maybe something less expensive than a Radian. Return or sell that and get something else?

mamahen

Thanks for the feedback! Now I dont feel bad to just override DH. ;)

Although I really like the Radian and I got it on great deal (so not too $$), I think it would be a difficult seat to take in and out. DH's vehicle is used for work so he'll have to take his seat in and out. So maybe I'll order a TFP or CA for my vehicle and send the MR with him since it's easier in and out- or does anyone have suggestions for an '02 Yukon?

Stacy

We have one child, four seats. We have a Roundabout in each of our cars, a MR in my m-i-l's, and an AOE in my mom's car. The grandparents don't take her out much, but it's worth the piece of mind knowing that everyone already has a seat thats installed correctly.

Perhaps you can remind your husband that having two installed seats means less hassel for him, and that you won't be asking him over and over again if he did this, checked that, etc, etc.

Speaking from experience here ;)

natysr

Well, We have one kid and one on the way (due in June).

Seats we have are:

Britax Marathon installed in our Nissan Pathfinder
Britax Frontier installed in our Honda Civic
Britax Marathon installed in our daycare provider's car (she picks Jordan up from 1/2 day kindergarten and brings him to her house.)

We just bought a Turbobooster yesterday. The deal was too good to pass up. (Siggy is old. Jordan is 5 1/2 now). We will start to booster train him for the 1.5 mile drive to school in the morning. He will ride in one of his harnessed seats on other trips.

We also own a Britax Boulevard that I let someone borrow about 2 years ago. Not sure if I'll ever get it back.

UPS is in possession of my True Fit Premier that I ordered for the new baby. I should have it by Wednesday.

I also plan to buy a coccoro for the new baby, before he is born.

So yes, I think it is important to have spare seats. :D

daniele_ut

2 kids, 2 cars, 7 total seats.

Chicco KeyFit (not currently being used)
2 Britax MA (1 is for our emergency pickup person to grab if needed)
2 Graco Nautilus
1 Combi Coccoro
1 Britax Parkway (for carpool and emergency pickup)

erikanohelani

1 child with 3 seats for mommy, daddy & grandma's cars

contemplating purchasing another... to keep one seat uninstalled in case it needs to go in another car... and because I am beginning to hate the harness adjuster on the Radian XT for everyday use.

miraclebabies

I have 6 seats.... Only two girls and a little boy on the way.

3 Marathons
Scerena
Evenflo Titan
SS1 w/ two bases

I have two MAs in my vehicle for the girls and the SS1 installed for the baby. The Scerena, Titan and extra base are in the closet. I don't really care for the Titan and Scerena and wish to get a My Ride as my spare. We take my vehicle alot more than Dhs car so I have the nicer seats that stay in my SUV. After the baby outgrows the SS1 he will go in the other MA. It will look funny with three Cowmoo seats in my vehicle.

mamadelbosque

We've only ever had one carseat for one DC. We rarely, rarely go in DH's car as a family. I had an XTSL for a day or two and never even considered trying it in DH's car. I suppose now that we have two kiddos I could se justifying havinge *one* seat in his car, but can't quite imagine having two extra seats installed in his car for the maybe twice a year that we'd use them. Especially not one as expenisive as an XTSL. Installing/uninstalling seats is not *that* hard!!

emandbri

Right now I have 11 seats and 3 kids in seats.
In my van RF radian, monterey, and right fit.
In dh's car FF radian and star riser
a friend is borrowing my parkway for now
I have a my ride I use when I take extra kids
2 marathons I use if I take extra kids who are rear-facing
a no back turbo booster
a no back prospect

I would totally keep a seat as a back up if the other option is to move a radian 1 or 2 times a month. :eek:

munchkin

5 seats, no kids, but I do have my niece and nephew every couple of months for a week or 2 at a time.

2 Frontiers for my car
Nautilus/Turbobooster for my sister's car (she lives in the same town with them so it is easier for her to have her own seats)
and a Roundabout that is expiring in March (Eli just outgrew it RF)

My sister has the easier seats to install because I was horrified to find the Roundabout (easy install) installed incorrectly the last time I was in her car.

melniemi

I have a kf for baby, a rf ma for dd2, a frontier for dd1, a parkway for each 8 & 9 yo - all in my van. Dh's truck has 2 turbos for the boys who go to guitar lessons with him once/week.

I have a marathon in baby's room for when he outgrows the kf or I decide to switch him. I'm debating selling one marathon for an xt for the extra rf time.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
3 kids in seats...currently 7 seats installed in 3 vehicles. I will be doing some rearranging soon and that number is likely to jump to 9 seats installed in 3 vehicles after dfd is out of her infant seat and will need a convertible in each car, just in case someone else has to pick her up. And with one seat expiring soon, mama will be going car seat shopping in the next couple of months! LOL

Mom2FiveGirls

5 kids, 11 seats.

3 turbo boosters (2 in my truck for DD#1 and DD#2, one for DH's car)
2 Nautilus' (1 in my truck for DD#3, one in DH's car for DD#4)
MR (my truck for DD#4)
AOE (my truck for DD#5)
Scenera (DH's car for DD#5)
Comfort Sport (sitting in the closet...almost outgrown RFing by DD#5...tryin to decide what to do with it)
2 backless boosters (one in DH's car that DD#1 uses on occasion. He can only take 4 of the girls with him at once, so if she either rides in the TB or the backless booster depending on who else is with him. DD#2 rides in the TB, and DD#3 has recently started booster training and rides in the TB when she goes with him, and then an extra)

We don't have any family nearby and when the girls go stay with my mom, she just takes my truck since she doesn't have a vehicle big enough to fit all of them. They will get the girls one at a time, but if its one of the younger three, I install the seats myself in their vehicle. That doesn't happen very often at all though...not often enough for them to need to keep a seat in their vehicle. If they were close enough that the girls rode with them on a regular basis, I'd want to have seats installed in their vehicles if at all possible.

I'm really itching for a new seat though. I think DH would kill me though! I'm secretly hoping DD#1 outgrows the TB soon so I have to buy something else...lol.

Kyras_Mama

5 seats that will fit either of our two girls plus one that expires in December that fits neither of them but I haven't gotten around to recycling yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC