Question how long did your child rear face in a Britax BLVD?

AnnieW625

I am looking at the new BLVD 70 for DD2. Of course the seat is too new to get an accurate current take on how long it will last most children so please post your results for the older 33, and 35 models too. Did you child outgrow it by weight or height first?

I am new to the whole ERF world (we turned DD1 around at 12 months old because we didn't know any better) and would like to rear face DD2 (currently 12 mos. old, 30", and 20lbs) till at least 3 yrs. old minimum, but would prefer until she outgrows the seat by height. If she follows in her older sisters footsteps (her weight and height are almost the same as DD1's at 12 mos. old) at 2 she'll be about 33" tall, and 27lbs, and by 3 she'll be about 36" and waffle between 30 and 33lbs.

FWIW, we are most interested in the Britax seats (BLVD or the RA 55) although we might consider a My Ride, or an Evenflo Triumph Advance, but DH has been really happy with the Britax seats we've had. I already tried the True Fit Premier in my 06 Pilot, and it didn't fit well rfing (I really wanted it to be because I like the seat). I have zero interest in getting a Radian or a Complete Air.

Thanks so much, I just want to make sure that she'll get adequate rear facing time in this seat.

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I am helping a mom with a ma70 and pilot tomorrow, so I will try to post about fit after that.

Our kids outgrew the 33#bv at just a little over 2y by weight.

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

krasota

I turned my son's 33lb model FF last month when he turned four. He's not yet 33lbs and I'm not quite sure how tall. He's getting close to the 1" rule with the top of the shell, but it's hard to tell. I gave him the choice at 4y and he decided to go FF.

He's been RF from time to time over the last month when I've flipped the seat for another child. He makes no complaints, but does request to go back FF "when you have time to change the seat, Mommy."

I just measured his height--39". I'm not sure of his torso height, maybe 12" or so. He's around 15th percentile in weight and height, give or take a little.

Jillybeans5

My 2 youngest boys had MA's w/33lb limits and they both outgrew them by weight first. The don't have very long torsos so they wouldn't out grow them by height until at least 40 lbs. Unless your DD's are all torso the new britax seats should get her to 3 easily. It might not have tons of leg room, but my kids never complained about that.

abigaylebelle

My 4 year old can rf in both old and new style blvds. He'd be almost out of the old style by weight by now. He has a few inches in the new ones and several pounds so I think he could rf to 5 or more in the new style.

nmb

My son outgrew his Marathon RF by height at 28 mos. He was about 31 lbs. 35lb RF seat, not sure of the DOM but bought in March 07.
He outgrew it FF somewhere between 31 - 33 mos.

amelia222

My dd just turned 2 last week and still has a few inches of growing room in her new-model MA (same shell as BLVD). She is 33.5" and about 25 lbs with a 12.5" torso so about what you expect your dd to be in a year.

Kelly2164310

My son hasn't outgrown the Blvd 70 RF yet. He will be 3 in September and is 36" and 29.5lbs. He has a couple inches left above his head and will easily make it to 3. He's very average and proportionate all around.

cpsaddict

My DD is 2, 32lbs 36.5" tall and has not outgrown either the old or new style seats. In the old model, she will be getting close to the weight soon, but has several inches above her head. In the new style, she is still 8lbs from the weight limit and has 3" or so above her head. My 3yr old nephew, who is about average for height/weight fits in the new style with room to grow. He is 1lb from the weight limit on the old model.

AnnieW625

Thank you all so much for the input. We went to BRUS last night and I tried her in a couple of seats, the Boulevard, the Marathon, and the My Ride. She was the most comfortable and seemed happiest in the Boulevard. She seemed content in the My Ride, and the Marathon, but we will most likely get the Boulevard for my car.

Citrine

We had a Wizard which is the same thing as a Boulvard, but has smaller head wings, weight limit was 33lb on the Wizard. It expired last October. My daughter RF in that until 3years, 2mo. She out grew it Weight wise. I flipped her at 32.5lbs. I used it RF in 06 Pilot using LATCH and Tetherd it to a bar by the drivers side. I did love that seat. It was the easiest seat to install and use. I have a Graco Nautilus, and Evenflo Maestro, which are both FF only seats, but also easy to install and use.

DS went to at least 2.5 yrs in the Blvd from what I remember. Still had room for height and most definitely had a ton of weight left. Shoot, I gotta weigh him but he still might be under 33 lbs and he's 3.5 now.

wavegal

We have the BV70 for DS and hes almost 2.5 yrs old and 32lbs, 37-38inches tall. He still has 3 inches above his head rfing. It installs beautifully in our 06 pilot too.
Here is DS in ours last month:
196848_615800798560_45904273_33679720_2672587_n.jpg

Last edited:

opheliajoy

My ds is in both a MA and blvd, both the 33 lb versions.

At 3.5yrs, 31" (petite), he is just now approaching outgrowing it, in both weight and height. He is just at 1" below shell. I didn't expect it to last this long. We had to turn his old triumph just before 3yrs. So pleased with the britax seats for RFing.... But now both he and I prefer to gave him rf even longer... So we are looking into ways to do so.
Good luck!

henrietta

Around 28 mos and 35" tall--he's very long torsoed. He's now 33 mos old, 37" tall, and 33-34 lbs...and has one inch left forward facing. (Blvd 65)

henrietta

lanwenyi

DD is 3y8m. She is 37" tall and 28.5lbs. She is abt 0.5" from outgrowing the Blvd(65) rfing. She will outgrow by height, but not by weight. I have short kids w/ long torsos and no weight. It all depends on how your kid grows.

FWIW, she's hated the seat since 3yr and 35" b/c of leg room (and she has short legs). I hope the newer Britax seats have more leg room.

wavegal

I am not who you asked but if you like I can post a pic in the morning of how I have it tethered in my pilot (same my)

AnnieW625

I am not who you asked but if you like I can post a pic in the morning of how I have it tethered in my pilot (same my)

also, can you tell me what seat is next to the BLVD? Is it a wide seat?

I am not condifent, but would love to keep a seat in the center spot, but DD1 is in a Frontier so I am not sure if that's doable. I might also try to put the Frontier in the middle (we only install using the belt for the Frontier anyway).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC