Hospital Gives Free Serenade at Birth, would you keep it?

Jenny487

Hello!

Our hospital gives a "Free" Evenflo Serenade at delivery. Would you keep this seat or buy a different one? I've never been a fan of Evenflo, but thought this was the best place to ask if it's worth keeping it. If not I'd probably buy a Keyfit.

Thanks!

ADS

hrice

If you can afford your own seat I would refuse it so it can go to a family who would otherwise not be able to afford a seat.

I have no experience with the Serenade so I cannot comment in it.

Jenny487

Everyone is offered the seat. It isn't based on income, just their birthing "package" of perks for delivering there, I guess. I'm not sure if they donate a seat to a women's center if you refuse it, but I suppose I could do that.

nannykates

First, I forgot that serenade was a seat name. So of course if you hospital offers to serenade you while delivering, allow it!
Second, Evenflo requires the handle down with 1.5" clearance past that. This probably won't be the seat for you. I would probably take it and donate it to a women's shelter, cps program, or someplace else where a baby in need would receive it.

Jenny487

First, I forgot that serenade was a seat name. So of course if you hospital offers to serenade you while delivering, allow it!
Second, Evenflo requires the handle down with 1.5" clearance past that. This probably won't be the seat for you. I would probably take it and donate it to a women's shelter, cps program, or someplace else where a baby in need would receive it.

Haha! I thought about that once I typed the title, but figured someone would remember it's a seat! :dance:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
One of my formerly local hospitals would play Brahms lullaby over the speakers in the entire hospital every time a baby was born. I thought that's what this is about :p

As for the seat, I really don't know much about it. It wouldn't be my first choice, but hey.

robbertbobbert

One of my formerly local hospitals would play Brahms lullaby over the speakers in the entire hospital every time a baby was born. I thought that's what this is about :p

As for the seat, I really don't know much about it. It wouldn't be my first choice, but hey.

The hospital I volunteer in does twinkle twinkle little star.

HEVY

Doesn't look too bad :shrug-shoulders: At least the pics are of proper use, though I think the harness could be a tad tighter.

If you don't think you will use it just refuse, it will just go to the next person who gives birth. I wouldn't take it for donation unless you absolutely know they will use it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC