Hopefully my last post! Best EFR fit in a 2013 CRV?

AmyJean

I think I've narrowed down my choices to the Foonf, Peg Perego5/70, and Britax Pavilion.

I really want to RF as long as possible, and I really want LO to be comfy, and safe of course!

My concerns basically come down to fit in my vehicle, and comfort (padding under tush and leg room)

I love the Foonf, however have read several negative articles regarding the fit in a CRV. I read it's so tall it leaves very little room to load LO in. And I'm concerned I won't be able to see over it. I would super duper love to keep LO in the center and I'm afraid that the above concerns will make that impossible. Based off reviews I have come to understand there is not much padding in the seat, however I think this seat givens the most RF leg room?

I love how safe and comfy the Peg appears. Wondering if it sits any lower than Foonf and could work in center. I know the RF weight limit is lower but the height limit seems about equal to Foonf? Is there much less legroom?

I had origionally not even considered the britax because I read the shell was quickly outgrown... However the pavilion seems decently tall...will this one he outgrown significantly sooner? Legroom? Sits lower, so a better fit in center??

The Peg and Foonf allow the head rest to go up RF while the Britax doesn't (right?), so it seems like they would last longer...

I really don't think I'm sold on the diono line up... LO is not old enough for AA and Im pretty sure my car doesn't allow bracing, so I just don't think it will work.

DH and I are both tall so are seats are back a ways. LO just turned 5 months, is about 16.5 lbs and nearly 27 inches long. I can't decide if he's long legged or has a long torso, but either way I expect him to be tall!

So I guess I'm asking.. Best seat to ERF in center of CRV that will be comfy and give decent leg room! 3 across is not a concern!

Thank you so much!!

Last edited:
ADS

seb3244

Have you considered the Chico nextfit ? We just got one and love it. Dd is 23 months currently rf-ing in a britax advocate and we love it however since she is in the 85%for height I knew she would out grow it rf within the next 6 months or so. So we got the next fit and if you have latch it is so easy to install not to mention 9 different recline positions so no AA needed. The certified car seat tech I bought the nextfit from has a crv and it fit wonderful in her car :)

We have mainly been using the nextfit for grandma and aunties car so far because our truck doesn't have latch but hopefully when we get a newer vehicle we will have latch!! Seatbelt installs are also easy with the nextfit :)

MommyShannon

I would not get a Britax convertible if you think he may be tall. All of the Britax seats (except the classic versions) are outgrown RF at the same time. They are nice for smaller kids, but the short shell plus less legroom isn't good for a tall kid. I agree with looking at the NextFit. It is really tall but takes up very little front to back space. It's cushy and easy to install. The Peg on paper isn't exceptionally tall RF but it does seem to last longer than Britax when installed for some kids.
ETA: Yes, Britax is outgrown when the child's head only has 1" of shell above their head. The headrest is typically a little above the shell at that point, but their head can't exceed the 1" to top of shell. The Peg allows the child's head to be above the shell, but only to a certain setting. The headrest can't be fully extended RF.

AmyJean

I really have not considered the nextfit. I just looked it up, I didn't realize it had such a high RF height limit. My origional concern with that seat was how bucket-y it is, I thought perhaps it would be uncomfortable like LO's booty would be low and his legs up higher. And I was worried about loading him in over those tall sides.

That being said I'm only going off pictures...

I will definitely check it out! Thanks for the suggestion!

Do y'all think the Foonf is even an option in my car?

And to be sure, rear facing longer is much more important than having an install in the center. Right? I have side curtain airbags...

meljc

We love the Nextfit in our 07 CR-V. The sides are high, but by the time DS was heavy and tall enough for it to be challenging to put him in, he could climb in himself. It's really compact front to back, does not obstruct view, and has great flexibility due to the wide range of angles available.

babyherder

I really have not considered the nextfit. I just looked it up, I didn't realize it had such a high RF height limit. My origional concern with that seat was how bucket-y it is, I thought perhaps it would be uncomfortable like LO's booty would be low and his legs up higher. And I was worried about loading him in over those tall sides.

That being said I'm only going off pictures...

I will definitely check it out! Thanks for the suggestion!

Do y'all think the Foonf is even an option in my car?

And to be sure, rear facing longer is much more important than having an install in the center. Right? I have side curtain airbags...

Yes, if the choice is rf on the side or ff in the center, rf is still safer.

robbertbobbert

I also have an 07 CRV like a previous poster. I love the Nextfit and various Britax convertibles. The Britaxes do get outgrown faster by height, though.

I only tried a Foonf in my car for a couple of minutes and couldn't drive around with it at all, but I didn't love how high it sat. I wouldn't like having it in the center for sure.

cookie123

I can't comment on the CRV, is the '13 the new style? But I love the Peg a lot. It's a super nice seat. I can't compare it to the Chicco but I found it much easier to load Griffin in my Prius (think slanted down door openings) than in the ProRide which is high and has big head wings, or the Coccoro, which is low but deep. I felt like I was tossing him in there. And digging him out of the Coccoro. But I would have bought a Diono but I wanted something a little higher so he could see out. The seats are low or the windows high or something in my Prius. I may still get one if he outgrows RFing before I want to turn him.

MN_Mom

We have a '13 CRV with a Pavillion installed center with LATCH. DD is 2 next week and is smaller than average. Britax might not be the best choice for a tall child but it does install nicely in a CRV.

ebp913

I like the Peg best of all your options. It has lower sides and is less buckety than the Nextfit. In my opinion, it's also quite a bit easier to use the harness as well. It doesn't sit up high enough to block your vision. I have a Foonf that I really love but it sounds like it wouldn't be a good fit for your vehicle.

No to the Britax due to it being outgrown quickly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC