Honda Odyssey2013...RF carseat for center/2nd row?

C

ceetee28

I would like to find a car seat ( convertible and RF ) for the second row center seat. I have a Chicco Next fit in my other car, but I cant install it tightly enough in the Honda. I couldnt install my first car seat ( the Mico) in the center either. we bought the car because it had LATCH capability in that seat, so we assumed car seats would fit there. So far, no luck....I would really, really like to use that center seat for the baby, because I have 2 much older kids and they we are always carpooling, have kids jumping in and out etc and I want easy access for them for doors etc.

ADS

YinzerMama

It can be kind of a tricky little seat... but I have a classic marathon installed in there very well. Britax are not the best of the best for rf but at 2+ my little dude is doing well. I do find sliding the outboard seats for rear row access isn't as smooth as I would like, though even in wide mode.

I had a graco bucket there originally - those are the only seats I have tried there. Sorry I can't be of more help but I know at least one seat that will work!

YinzerMama

Huh. Well that helped ME, sort of - my MA expires next year and I was going to replace it with a size4me. I was just at Target playing with car seats and noticed the s4m (i will NOT call it a headwise :p) has a really gigantic base and I wondered if it could possibly work.

I also played with the nextfit and my kid HATED it (I don't know why, he got in, said NO, and got out again, and went back into the s4m) but I thought it was an awesome awesome seat and if I had one and my kid liked it I'd try to make it work. How old are your older kids and are they in any sort of seat? Could you put the nextfit outboard, and either remove or fold the other outboard, and the older kids can sit in the back? Right now I have my oldest in a seat belt on the passenger side, "baby" in the middle, driver's side folded flat, and 2 girls in back in frontiers. When I had 3 kids in my old 8 pass sienna I had them all in the middle row and it was nice but sometimes you have to shuffle. The nextfit is such a nice seat, I think I'd shuffle kids before replacing it, it it was reasonable to do so.

Stelvis

New gen Britax work really well there RF. In general it seems like many seats go better FF than RF in that spot for whatever reason

MotoMommaNH

I did a seat check a while back where we did a Diono Radian outboard passenger side and a Chicco Keyfit on the center +1 seat so we could access the third row with the driver side seat. Fit perfect. I can't remember if it was in wide mode...
That +1 seat was seemingly made for a Keyfit

CuddlyMonsters

We have a 2011 Odyssey and in the 2nd row in the middle I have installed a Combi Coccoro/Peg Convertible. We have the seats which you can move into wide mode.

cso1997

The seat was clearly made for a Keyfit :) I have to agree. DD4 is now in a CCO there. I was thinking of moving the CCO outboard and putting DD3 in the center RFing in a Foonf.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC