Honda crv

U

Unregistered

I have read that my britax marathon can be secured using only lap belt up to 65 lbs without tether though it is recommended of course...I have a 4yo and am going to have twins, does anyone know if what infant seats I could get that would fit infant-britax-infant across back seat of 98 honda crv? I can't install anchor in middle back for the marathon. I have an anchor on one side but read that I shouldn't use an anchor that isn't directly behind, right?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

I'd move your four year old to the side if possible and use the tether, then get two infant seats that will fit next to one another.

Two Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite Plus (front adjust), two Cybex Atons, two Graco Snugride 30 Classic Connects, two Graco Snugride 30/35 Click Connect, or two Chicco Keyfits should fit next to one another and with a third seat. Of those, the Cybex, Safety 1st, and Snugride 30 Classic are the narrowest. You may have to replace the Britax, though, as it is wide, but I've done some three acrosses with a Britax in the mix in that era CRV, so it's possible. I'd go to Babies R Us and ask to try out a couple of seats in your car first and see what works. It may work better that two different infant seats work next to one another better. What you're looking for with twins is rectangular and narrow bases (so they fit next to one another), low bottom slots (because it's not uncommon for twins to come early or be small), and a front adjuster.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC