Highest harnessing seat that will change to a booster

izzyh4

I would greatly appreciate some help. I am looking for the highest harnessing seat that will change to a booster. Ideally a latchable booster. The Frontier would be perfect if it will fit. It needs to fit in my Volvo XC90 2007. DS is 6 1/2 I just feel he is kind of little to go into a booster as is DD who is almost 5. They are really good kids, but I don't know if I could trust them 100% of the time to sit perfectly all the time. Ideally I want to buy a seat now that will last until 11-12 (or more)!!!! Anyway have agonized and agonized about this. Initially bought monarchs, but decided at my kids size and weight not safe enough. Have ordered 2 frontiers as they seemed like the ideal solution but now worried about fit! Anyway below are the measurements (seem to be different every time I measure - especially shoulder to floor).

DS 46 1/2 tall
shoulder to floor 16.5
weight 47 pounds
Dd 43 1/2
shoulder to floor 16.5
weight 40.5 pounds

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nautlius :). Top slots about 18-18.5 inches, installs well in most cars so far, can even be used in LATCH mode when you use it as a booster (that's very new news, it couldn't before).

:)

TerisBoys

If the Frontier doesn't work, try the Nautilus - the top slots are just as high or higher than the Frontier. It harnesses to 65# then converts to both a highback AND backless booster.

Graco HAS approved it to LATCH as a hbb as well.

izzyh4

If the frontier doesn't fit thats going to be the one. Is the SIP as good as the Britax? Also are there colors other than black and silver?

Last edited:

TerisBoys

If the frontier doesn't fit thats going to be the one. Is the SIP as good as the Britax? Also are there colors other than black and silver?

The sidewings are decent - not quite Britax caliber, but I'm pleased with it (they're comparable to the Turbo). That said - my boys HATE the TSIP in the Britax seats. Here's an angle shot of Ryan that kinda shows it:

SR-C020.jpg

Colors - there's black/gray (Bravo - which Ryan is in), black/silver (Matrix), gray plush/gray (Galaxy) and gray plush/silver (Reese). We've decided to rename the company "Gray-co" LOL.

As far as grow room goes - his torso is about 15.75". He's right AT the second slots from the top. I give him another year to 18 months in it at his current rate of growth (he's 5 so he's growing limbs right now).

izzyh4

Thanks for the info, so Jack might be pretty close to the top slots. He is growing like a weed right now! He didn't grow for ages then as soon as spring came he sprouted! (-:

I would love beige but Gray-co is fine!

mamaofthree

My 6.5 yo has about a 16" torso and is just barely over the third slots, so she uses the top slots w/plenty of growing room. If the Frontiers don't install well I think the Nautilus is a good choice for you. My dd loves hers- comfy and easy to buckle/unbuckle. We just leave the harness set and she can get herself in and out by herself- much faster than fiddling w/a twistey seatbelt on her Turbobooster, and she is safer.

Kimberly

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC