High Back booster Recommendations?

rin2809

I am hoping for some advice for a replacement HBB for my kiddo. We have an Evenflo Procomfort Right Fit at the moment that has retracting issues in both of our vehicles, so I need to update (it's driving me nuts!). Since we passed our nautilus down to little brother, I have been using the cheap AMP that we originally got for the Grandparents in one vehicle, and surprisingly, I love it. Does exactly the job it needs to without the belt sticking. The problem I have is that it has zero padding. Not an issue in that vehicle because he is only in it to go to daycare and back, but needing a good replacement for the Right Fit now for travel.

I think I have come up with my criteria listing:
Well Padded (take 5+ hour drives multiple times a year)
Easy seat belt retraction
At least 1 cup holder
Easy to remove and wash cover (sometimes gets sick in the car)
Converts to backless (not a dealbreaker)
Under $75 (not a dealbreaker either, but budget I was given)

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Freestar minivan, middle row, passenger captain chair
Kiddo: 5yo, 48", 43lbs

ADS

Keeyamah

What does the kiddo think about the comfort?

I have taken a 10hr drive to visit family over Thanksgiving with my oldest in an Evenflo Amp and he didn’t complain about his bum falling asleep or anything (except boredom on the trip home, which was done during the day, so they weren’t sleeping).

It has since been passed on the little brother, who has yet to make any complaints about the padding or lack of it, but we haven’t made the long trip with him in it yet.

(In case my signature is out of date, my boys are 8 and 5 now)

2BunniesMommy

I agree with getting the child's opinion on whether or not it is comfortable.

My kids have both gone on long trips in the AMP and not complained about comfort. I sure wouldn't think it would be comfortable, but when my youngest switched to backless and had to option of Amp or the bottom of the Graco TB Safety Surround, she chose the Amp. The seat of the TB seemed more padded to me, but she preferred the Amp. My oldest 5 steps now, but the Amp is my youngest's main seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC