High back booster for Highlander third row? Added questions.

spryngtree

My younger son is in a frontier 65 converted to a high back booster. We just bought a 2008 Toyota highlander, and we find that the booster is too tall to fit in the back (third row) seat. It's also way too heavy to easily get in and out of there. Does anyone have a HBB that works well in the third row of a highlander? He usually will sit in the second row but I'd like the option to move him back there when needed. If it has latch to keep it in place when it's in the second row that's a plus but light enough to swap easily is also a feature. I'm not comfortable putting him in a LBB yet.

Car seat needs seem to come in bunches...we put him in my moms car today and the evenflo he has there..the seat belt is now coming UP from the belt positioning path to his shoulder. There doesn't seem to be a way to make this taller so does that mean he's outgrown the seat? My parents didn't have the manual in the car, I believe the seat is the Maestro, converted to a booster.

So, we could really use some recommendations for comfortable but light high back boosters that will last an average height kid til age 6 or so at least. Or would you put a 5.5 year old in a LBB if they weren't going to sleep in the car? Am I being silly wanting him in the high back?

We did try the Graco turbo booster today, but he was a little uncomfortable in it.

Last edited:
ADS

clmchrissy

I have a 2013 and I'm sure the third rows are similar. We have used the Britax Parkway (2012 model), Turbbooster and currently a Harmony Dreamtime all without issues.

spryngtree

Re: High back booster for Highlander third row?

My husband reminded me that the height wasn't the main issue..it fit but was tight, but it also hung over the front of the seat...do the ones you have sit on the seat without a problem? Which is the lightest?

spryngtree

Re: High back booster for Highlander third row?

Added a question. Found the manual online though and it looks like it is out grown. Confused since it says it's good to 57 inches and my child is 43 or so inches tall.

spryngtree

Re: High back booster for Highlander third row?.

Might have to find an Affix and see if he's more comfortable. It's possible the 08 has shorter seats though since it's before they changed it to the 60/40 split. We are going to see if we can find a backless that is comfy for my 9 year old and try my 5 year old in the nautilus (convert it back to high back)

I'm wondering about high back boosters though, how did he out grow the Maestro at more than 10 inches under the height limit? Are we doing something wrong? Going to have shift the incredibly heavy frontier into my moms car today so we can go with her somewhere. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC