Help with 3 across configuration 2007 MDX

M

mdx2007

Hello all! Thanks in advance! I read through so many of the "3 across" threads it made my head spin. I'm new here so many of the abbreviations had me a bit confused.

Please forgive me if my post is repetitive.

Have a 2007 MDX-currently have a 5.5 year old in a Recaro ProSport-would love to keep. Will be buying new Recaro ProSport for 3.5 year old. Planning for new baby and would like to know how to fit 3 across with the following:

Recaro ProSport, Recaro ProSport and Chicco KeyFit. Will this config work??? Haven't purchased infant seat yet...if KeyFit won't work with Recaros, do you have an idea which infant seat will? DEF want to keep Recaros!

Can use third row of seats if we need to, but would love to be able to fit three across so we can keep rear of vehicle for dog, stroller, etc.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Hello all! Thanks in advance! I read through so many of the "3 across" threads it made my head spin. I'm new here so many of the abbreviations had me a bit confused.

Please forgive me if my post is repetitive.

Have a 2007 MDX-currently have a 5.5 year old in a Recaro ProSport-would love to keep. Will be buying new Recaro ProSport for 3.5 year old. Planning for new baby and would like to know how to fit 3 across with the following:

Recaro ProSport, Recaro ProSport and Chicco KeyFit. Will this config work??? Haven't purchased infant seat yet...if KeyFit won't work with Recaros, do you have an idea which infant seat will? DEF want to keep Recaros!

Can use third row of seats if we need to, but would love to be able to fit three across so we can keep rear of vehicle for dog, stroller, etc.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Just bumping up this thread for you! Sorry it was unanswered for so long, but maybe someone with MDX experience will be able to help. :) I ran a search for MDX in the 3 across thread, and here are the results, so maybe they can help a little by giving you some ideas: http://www.car-seat.org/search.php?searchid=5434036. :)

I don't know how soon you plan on purchasing the second ProSport or when the baby is due, but I thought I'd mention that if you decide not to go the infant seat route and start with a convertible that the Combi Coccoro is a narrow seat. It won't last as long as other convertibles, but its narrowness could help. Other narrow convertibles include the Diono Radian models, though they can take up a lot of room front to back. I don't usually recommend convertibles as forward-facing only seats, but it might be a seat worth considering for the 3.5 year old if you need something narrow. Within the next two months or so, Britax will be releasing the Frontier 90, which I think might be slimmer than the current Frontier models. Not sure how that compares to the ProSport, but just tossing out ideas. :)

JerseyGirl'sMama

I also have a 2007 MDX and I currently have a Recaro ProSport outboard as well as a Recaro Signo (predecessor of the ProRide) forward-facing outboard. The Signo is installed with a seatbelt and the ProSport is being used as a belt positioning booster so it is not installed. I was able to fit a Graco Turbo booster in the center between the two though it was difficult to buckle in. I think a rear-facing infant seat would likely fit between the two of these if your ProRide is also Forward facing. If you have your 3.5 year old forward facing and you haven't already bought the ProRide, I'd encourage you to buy a combination seat instead of a convertible. If you're not going to use both rear and forward facing functions of a convertible then your money is much better spent on a combination seat like the ProSport.

Whatever seats you decide for the older kiddos installing them both outboard with seat belts (as opposed to the lower anchors) will allow you to move the seats outward to gain the most room between the two for your infant seat.

I'm not on this board much anymore but feel free to send me a private message and I'll get back to you.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
JGMama - I think the OP was talking about two ProSports, no ProRides in the mix.

OP, I think it is likely that they will fit. The KeyFit is one of the narrowest seats out there and the MDX is relatively wide. :) If for some reason it does not, the aforementioned Coccoro fits very, very well with ProSports so it should definitely fit.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
No big deal! Just thought you might have a different perspective with the different seats. :) I think it would all fit in my Pilot, but my understanding is that although the bodies are similar the interiors are different. That second row is pretty wide, though, in any event.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC