Help w 2 new seats

Cattitude

I've been reading and trying to absorb the tons of information here ;) however I do need a little assistance.

My DS is a tallish toddler and I'm not so happy with our seats anymore. I bought them a few months before the higher weight RF seats came out. Currently, I have a Britax Blvd CS and a Scenera in DH's car. I'd like to get 2 Radian XSTL but not sure that it will fit in DH's car. I'm sure I can get it in mine.

Ok, DS is 16 months, 26 #, 34 ", with torso of 12 1/4".
My car is a 2005 Chevy Equinox. DH has a 2000 Saturn.

I'm almost positive that my car was NOT made after 9/05 so at some point I'd have to use the belt w/Radian, how much of a pain is this?

Will the Radian fit in DH's car? If not, which other seat with tall shell would fit in his car? I want this to be the last convertible seat we buy so something that gets him to booster age please. I know about the MR, TFP, and CA so whatever will fit and is appropriate for a tall kid. I do have a Buy Buy Baby nearby so I can at least go in and put DS in the seats to try out.

Hmm, I hope I covered everything, TIA!

ADS

armywife12

I'm not sure if the radian will work in that vehicle but the myride and true fit most likely will and will probably be easier to install. I have the myride, true fit and xtsl for my 28 month old and I love all 3 seats. The myride was the easiest for me to install and my son still fits in it with a bit of growing room left. his stats and a current pic of him in the myride are in my siggy. My son would have about 4-5 inches of shell left in the true fit but he has reached the max Rf weight limit. We just got the xtsl a few days ago and so far I'm pleased with it. Caleb has at least 4 inches of growing room in it but it wasnt the easiest to install and quite difficult yo get more upright. LATCH installation wasn't terrible but I have to use the seat belt if I want. it in the middle. it took quite some time to get an acceptable seat belt install in the middle.
My son was very similar in size at that age.

Cattitude

Thanks for the help. I'm going to check out the Radian install thread but I do think the TFP might actually work better in DH's car especially with the removable headrest. I just hope it lasts him RF long enough!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Just a quick note that the TF removable headrest is a moot point with your son, since he's over 22lbs, which is when the headrest must be added. However, it could help with angle and space for any future babes. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC