Question HELP: Two RF convertible car seats side-by-side - Canada

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Did he use the angle adjuster with the Radian though?

You likely would have had to go up a vehicle class if you wanted things to fit easier. I tried seats in the Civic and Impreza and it wasn't much different. So maybe that makes you feel better if you were wanting to stick with a small car? And you're driving the sexiest car in its class!

I know that we wanted the gas mileage and pricing of a small car as this is our second vehicle. After having two seats installed outboard in the Subaru Crosstrek (same interior as Impreza but taller inside) I resolved to the fact that I'd likely be putting both kids outboard and not side by side if I wanted to stay in the small vechicle class.

Last edited:
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Re: HELP! Mazda 3 + 2 RF convertible seats - Canada

I was just out in my car and I'll get some pics up in a bit but for the time being, both the PVC (Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible) and MR (My Ride) work in the centre position. The rear are of both seats narrows down enough that it fits between the front seats and then the wider area stays behind the front seats if that makes sense. With either in the centre, my DH could put his seat where he likes to drive. He's 6' with a 24" inseam and has long arms so sits with some recline (I've trained him to sit more upright than he used to ;)). And the passenger seat can then go back to the same spot and provide lots of room for a passenger. Any further back and the vehicle seats will hit the child seats.

There looked to be enough room for a Radian beside, but that's just a guess. I don't have one to try and there is not a store around here that has one that will allow me to take it out to my vehicle to try.

I would say an angle adjuster is an absolute must though. I can see how the Radian may not fit between the centre seats as it doesn't have as large of a narrow area behind it that these other seats do. But if you haven't tried with the angle adjuster, I would just in case.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Sorry I was slow. Here are pics.

PVC - passenger side view
middleCarSeats_1.jpg

PVC - base
middleCarSeats_2.jpg

PVC - front seat view
middleCarSeats_3.jpg

PVC - passenger side view
middleCarSeats_4.jpg

PVC - driver's side view
middleCarSeats_5.jpg

MR - base
middleCarSeats_6.jpg

MR - passenger side view
middleCarSeats_7.jpg

MR - base view from driver's side
middleCarSeats_8.jpg

MR - driver's side view
middleCarSeats_9.jpg

MR - front seat view
middleCarSeats_13.jpg

MR - backless Oobr LATCHed in beside. PVC sides sit lower so can't fit Oobr beside
middleCarSeats_11.jpg

MR - although Oobr can install, no way to buckle Oobr. The space is so tight that you can actually manoeuvre male buckle in.
middleCarSeats_12.jpg

Last edited:

canadiangie

I haven't worked in a new bodystyle 3 yet..

But I have put a rf radian passenger side with angle adjuster and a KeyFit in the middle of the previous gen.

Looking at Techno's pics upthread, it appears to be similar-ish. There should be a seat combo that will work.

You are going to need to use the seatbelt to install whatever seat you decide on for the passenger side. Personally I would try a Radian with Angle Adjuster. Lots of people find a locked seatbelt install on a rf Radian to be tough. Have you ever tried using a locking clip? It's not easy, either, but if you manage to do it, you generally end up with a rock solid install.

From there, you may be able to puzzle a rf MyRide in the middle.

You should private message Honeyhas3 (honeyhasthree?) and see if you are close to her. Dollars to donuts she will either be able to do it, or tell you definitively that it cannot be done. And I would believe her, but not many others. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC