Question Help. Seats in Chevy Colorado

U

Unregistered

I need to fit 1 ff seat & 1 rf seat in my husbands 04 Colorado Ext Cab. any suggestions?

ff seat for 3yo
rf seat for 10 week old.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Do you have a budget? How much do the kids weigh? Are you looking for an infant seat or a convertible for the baby?

Wendy

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I would do a MyRide for the baby and a Maestro for the older child if it's a short bench seat - both fit nicely in my small pickup's back seat.

U

Unregistered

budget is very small. as i just purchased a Momentum & ra55 for my car.
the trucks seats are very very tiny. measuring only 14 inches wide.

looking for a convertible for the baby. who is about 13 lbs.
& ff seat for 3 year old who is 33ish lbs with a 14 inch torso.

I am having absolutely no luck tho.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Yeah the bench seat in my truck is a little shallower - 13.5" and the Scenera doesn't work RF or FF, I tried it many times. MyRide or a classic Roundabout were the easiest RF seats I found, and the Maestro is perfect for a shallow bench, so I would go that direction.

Jessimamma

Why not give both current convertibles to the youngest and get the oldest 2 maestro's?

well my 3 yo still rf in my car. but with the small space of the truck he needs to ff behind my hubby in the truck so he can drive. & I can handle a rf seat behind me. our truck doesnt have a bench seat in the back, it's 2 fold down seats! I hope a Maestro will work!

we currently own a RA55, Momentum, Tribute, Chase, TeamTex America Babyride, & a Scenera. if I can get any of them to work well both kids will be okay! but most of the 40 lb seats my 3yo is nearing growing out of in height...especially the Tribute.

how much bigger/smaller is the chase compared to the Maestro? maybe I can use that to compare? I wish I knew someone with a Maestro.

Jessimamma

My account was approved now & I can post attachments!!

here are the various installs ive gotten...

Attachments

• poxw5wujcc1i0k9.jpg
    poxw5wujcc1i0k9.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 16
  • poeexcumck1i0k9.jpg
    poeexcumck1i0k9.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 18
  • po878iwtoo1i0k9.jpg
    po878iwtoo1i0k9.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 18
  • po8dyixbgo1i0k9.jpg
    po8dyixbgo1i0k9.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 17

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Here's how the Maestro fits in my truck (98 Dakota Club Cab, bench seat is 13.5" deep):

6-18-11010.jpg

For the RF seat, I like the way the Britax fits best in your pics. I wouldn't use the Scenera at all on that seat.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
And PS Target carries the Maestro in store! They won't let you try it in the car - but you can buy it and I think it'll work - just install it in the parking lot and if it doesn't than you can go back in and return it. :)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Wow, that IS tiny! I've seen MyRides in a lot of truck pictures from here. You could do a Maestro and MyRide. The MyRide at my Target is $110 and Maestros are $80.

Yay for keeping your 3yo RF in your car. :)

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Good job for keeping 3y ff in your car. Sorry I assumed he was ff in it since he is in the truck. We turned kids earlier in dh vehicle too because of seating arrangements.

Jessimamma

And PS Target carries the Maestro in store! They won't let you try it in the car - but you can buy it and I think it'll work - just install it in the parking lot and if it doesn't than you can go back in and return it. :)

Thank you!!!!! & also for a ff seat I lose another couple inches bc of the back seat coushion. I read on another forum that you can remove that seat cousion & gain a few more inches & I tried it & I did! but I'm not sure if this is allowed by Chevy. so I contacted chevy last night by email & they emailed me back this am & are suposed to be calling tonight so we'll see on that I guess.

it wont let me put the pic up of the Scenera ff install (with the seat back off) It fits MUCH better but still a tad off the seat (like your Maestro) do you know if the Maestro is about the same size (front to back) as the Scenera? I am very hopeful that I can get a good install, just waiting on chevy's response!

oh & the scenera is top tethered & not going anywhere!!!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Thank you!!!!! & also for a ff seat I lose another couple inches bc of the back seat coushion. I read on another forum that you can remove that seat cousion & gain a few more inches & I tried it & I did! but I'm not sure if this is allowed by Chevy. so I contacted chevy last night by email & they emailed me back this am & are suposed to be calling tonight so we'll see on that I guess.

it wont let me put the pic up of the Scenera ff install (with the seat back off) It fits MUCH better but still a tad off the seat (like your Maestro) do you know if the Maestro is about the same size (front to back) as the Scenera? I am very hopeful that I can get a good install, just waiting on chevy's response!

oh & the scenera is top tethered & not going anywhere!!!

Ugh my Dodge has a bulky seat cushion too, makes it even more difficult. I try to compress as much of that back seat cushion as I can by pushing it backwards into the seat as well as downwards, and that helps a lot. The Maestro has a fairly flat, solid base though, so it's much easier to get a secure install with it than a seat like the Scenera with a split base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC