Help me please!!

lovinwaves

Ok, so I did BUY it!!! Yeeeaaaaa!! I am so excited to get it. She bought it in December '03 but it is an '04 model. She didn't put it on strollerswap because she didn't want to have to ship it, and she hasn't had good luck selling on there before. She has 3 boys under 4 so I can understand the shipping thing. Fortunately though she has the original box. She sent 4 emails this morning answering all of my questions, so I am very confident in the purchase. Total cost with shipping is $108.00
I will let you guys know when I get it!!

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!! I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!! :D :D :D

ADS

lovinwaves

Ooooh, Sounds wonderful. Good luck :D I'm requireing a complete report when you get it.

Ok I should be receiving it on Tuesday!!! I have a feeling I will be getting out of the house more often now. I always dreaded dragging out the big limo "Duoglider". I am just so use to the storage compartments, cup holder, and huge basket. That's going to be a big downside, but I guess I will just have to pack more lightly:rolleyes:

Morganthe

Ok I should be receiving it on Tuesday!!! I have a feeling I will be getting out of the house more often now. I always dreaded dragging out the big limo "Duoglider". I am just so use to the storage compartments, cup holder, and huge basket. That's going to be a big downside, but I guess I will just have to pack more lightly

LOL -- They spoil you, but you'll learn to manage. :D I did ;) You could try out a lightweight knapsack (book bag?) pre-packed with things to go that you can just wear. I have an old Lands End Dk Green Diaper backpack bag. 3 years of hard use and it still looks almost new. The center pocket will hold over 20lbs of books from the library. Great for exercise and toning up, that's for sure. :D

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Ohhh congrats! I just got on to PM about the pictures I was going to send you. It was my birthday last Thursday and my hubby took me on a surprise get away this weekend so I wasn't able to take pics for you. And it was bugging the heck out of me all weekend that I told you I would have them to you soon and then never sent them! But I am so glad you found one...I hope you love it as much as I love mine!

lovinwaves

Ooooh, Sounds wonderful. Good luck :D I'm requireing a complete report when you get it. :p ;)

Ok, OK, so I got the stroller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!

Well, it is definitely well used, but appears to be in good condition. I definitely wouldn't say excellent, because there are quite a few scratches here and there. Overall though I think it was a good deal ($90, w/shipping $108). The skins and canopy though are in pERFECT condition. It needs a little I mean a little light cleaning on the wheels and frame. I guess I can't complain much though, because it sure beats paying $300 for a new one. This one seems to have all the features and even looks exactly like the new ones too.

This stroller is a BREEZE to push, and DD didn't want to get out of it. I love the adjustable handles and very high seat back. The only two complaints I have for it is one, it needs a larger and easier accessible basket, and needs a parent tray organizer. She did have a cup holder on the left handle though.

The P3's just seem to "PLASTICKY" to me to be worth $300, but it pushes like a dream. The two handles kind of move when you are pushing, and steering it. Which is a little bothersome, but I guess I will get use to it. It is kind of noisey also when you push it. My Graco's are quieter. It just doesn't seem very "Solid". OK OK, I will stop complaining, because I LOVE IT!!!

It's like my new TOY!! I can't wait to take it to the mall. I am meeting another Car-seat.org Forum member tomorrow morning to try out her new Phil & Ted's E3. And she is going to check out my new P3, to make sure it is ok. She is a CPS Tech also.

Yoshi

Your stroller may need lubrication- just stay away from anything oil based, I'm not sure what Peg Perego recommends, but oily stuff attracts dirt- and then you get squeakier wheels. My husband used to do ours in the garage with some secret stuff, so I have no idea what it was. The covers clean up great in the washing machine- one nice feature. Good luck with your test drive!:p

lovinwaves

Your stroller may need lubrication- just stay away from anything oil based, I'm not sure what Peg Perego recommends, but oily stuff attracts dirt- and then you get squeakier wheels. My husband used to do ours in the garage with some secret stuff, so I have no idea what it was. The covers clean up great in the washing machine- one nice feature. Good luck with your test drive!:p

Hey Tina,
Could you find out what your husband used. That would help me out a lot. I just read your message to my husband and said maybe he(your DH) was using "Silicone" Spray. DH said he will probably have to wipe it up though where with oil based you don't.
Let me know,
Thanks!! :)

Morganthe

Check in auto stores or Walmart's section for a "Graphite" powder. That should work great. They come in small tubes to help your car's keyhole loosen up after sticking or freezing. Doesn't attract dirt, even though the powder is carbon & black :rolleyes:

Sounds like you're having more fun than test driving a car :p

Yoshi

Yes, exactly- he said it was graphite- which is a powder, and can get everywhere if you're not careful. But he said that somewhere on the planet, a graphite lubricant exists that is a spray, which puts the graphite where you want it but the the base evaporates, leaving just the graphite behind. He hasn't seen it around since he was a kid, though. (He built bicycles)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The P3's just seem to "PLASTICKY" to me to be worth $300, but it pushes like a dream. The two handles kind of move when you are pushing, and steering it. Which is a little bothersome, but I guess I will get use to it. It is kind of noisey also when you push it. My Graco's are quieter. It just doesn't seem very "Solid". OK OK, I will stop complaining, because I LOVE IT!!!

It's like my new TOY!! I can't wait to take it to the mall. I am meeting another Car-seat.org Forum member tomorrow morning to try out her new Phil & Ted's E3. And she is going to check out my new P3, to make sure it is ok. She is a CPS Tech also.

Hi there, glad you love your stroller. My mom bought me one as a baby gift, she worked in a baby store and she said that the p3 isn't made out of plastic it is graphite.

Also she told not to use WD30 but a silcone spray (that is what they use in there store)

My handles move or wiggle but they said that they can't be too tight because it would interfere with the closing mechinisms. That does make sense!

The basket is a little tricky, but now that ds is older I find it easier to pull down on the side of the basket to shove stuff in. For sure not the easiest to get stuff in and out of.

Oh yeah, there are also parent cup holders out there that work on the p3! The one that it comes with doesn't fit many cups or bottles:(
Good luck and happy walking!:)

lovinwaves

Hi there, glad you love your stroller. My mom bought me one as a baby gift, she worked in a baby store and she said that the p3 isn't made out of plastic it is graphite.

Also she told not to use WD30 but a silcone spray (that is what they use in there store)

My handles move or wiggle but they said that they can't be too tight because it would interfere with the closing mechinisms. That does make sense!

The basket is a little tricky, but now that ds is older I find it easier to pull down on the side of the basket to shove stuff in. For sure not the easiest to get stuff in and out of.

Oh yeah, there are also parent cup holders out there that work on the p3! The one that it comes with doesn't fit many cups or bottles:(
Good luck and happy walking!:)

Thank you Julie. That does help clarify a lot!!!

Well, I took it the mall for the first time for 6 hours!!!!!! It was awesome! Peyton loved hitching a ride on the back. It is just as easy to push whether she is on there or not. I saw two Joovy Cabooses today and have to say they look very appealing, but I saw a lady struggling to manuveur it through some clothing racks. On top of that she only had an infant in there. I would definitely recommend the P3 to anyone. It is so easy to fold up and throw in the back of the van. I would like to say now though that I do think it is worth $300 new!! But I sure can't beat my $90 used priced. Another car-seat.forum member met me there at the mall to check it out. She said I got a good deal on it, and everything looked great. She has a Phil & Ted's E3 that I test drove. WOW, that thing is nice! But $600 is not very appealing to our budget.
Anyways, thank you everybody for your input on the "Squeaky" situation. My husband is going to lube it up tonight :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC