Help me Pick a Booster!

momtobe2007

This will be for my dd. She is almost 5, 45 lbs and 45 inches. This will ONLY be used on very temporary occasions when she's with my parents. I figure, it'll be very slow booster training for her. :) She's harnessed in my vehicle in a Fr85 and will be for another year. I just want something 'easy' to install in their car for the few times a month she rides with them. It's becoming a major hassle to install her EFTA for a 10 minute ride. :rolleyes:

So....I hear a lot about the Turbo Booster, but is it comfortable? Elite or regular?! If I'm going to buy something now, I don't want to buy again in a year b/c she's not comfy. Anyone have problems with comfort? Any other boosters I should be considering? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I don't want something mega hard that's not comfy. TIA!

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
We have turbos and have owned 5 over the years. It is a nice booster for a great price. You have to be careful how you move it because the back can fall off.

Other boosters to look at is the evenflo bigkid sport and recaro vivo.

3bears

My recently turned 5 yo is in a regular Turbo Booster (great deal from Costco) and he loves it. Same exact stats as your daughter and it's a really good fit for him.

henrietta

There's a $5 off coupon for Evenflo Big Kids boosters for Walmart on Evenflo's website...that makes the Big Kid Sport like $25!!!

hths

henrietta

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
The regular bigkid doesn't fit all kids well. The bigkid sport and turbo do well on fitting most all kids well. The bigkid sport stays together better when moving then the turbo. The turbo has eps foam. Not sure about the evenflo seats, I haven't looked at them for a while.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC