Help me find the perfect Stroller!

JustJack

Right now I have a P.O.C stroller that came w/ our crappy bucket seat. My son is 6 months and about 21-22 lbs. I am looking for a stroller that I can keep in the back of my SUV. It would be used for the mall, zoo, shopping, walks ect. I also have a Beco and Hotsling that I use quite often (baby carriers). I'd like something that doesn't take up the whole back of my SUV, is easy to fold and unfold, easy to push ect. I'd like it to recline as DS will sleep in it sometimes. Budget is under $200 (cheaper is better!). Any recc's? I've been looking ionline, but there are too many choices! Help!

ADS

JustJack

I saw that thread and looked at the Triumph. I like it, but is it THE ONE? I always think I have my mind made up, and then I find something else and say maybe I shoud get that one, or that one..... I guess I'm too indecisive!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The Maclaren's are very well liked strollers. I don't have one but would love to have a volo for quick trips. I have a P3 that I love but something like the Volo would have been nice when we went to the Mall of America last summer and I didn't have room for my P3. I think if it is just for the mall and zoo that it would be fine if you are wanting to go off roading or anything like that you would want something different.

Have you seen the babyplanet?

SoloSport . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Solo Deluxe (has the front bar)
prod_im_101102-CH_34left.jpg
prod_im_101103-TC_front.jpg

banyanboy

I wouldn't go with the Baby Planet. I ordered one and the waist straps barely fit around my DS who is 10 months 21 pounds. I don't know if it was a flaw just on my stroller? Anyway, it's being returned. Also, it's much bigger than I thought (Solo Deluxe), but maybe that's because I had a Mac Quest before. I'm in the same boat. We have a P&T e3 and had problems with our Quest, so I need another second lighterweight stroller that doesn't take up as much room in the trunk. I'm considering either a Baby Jogger City Mini or just buying another Quest- the 2008's have a carry strap. I'm hesitant to buy the Quest again, though. Hope that was of some help! Off to post for some help of my own :)

Wineaux

I can vouch for the fold and ease of steering on the Mac Volo. The carry strap that's built into my Mac is a Godsend. That should carry through to the rest of the Mac line.

JustJack

banyanboy,
I was really liking the BabyPlanet Solo. Thats wierd that the straps woundn't fit your LO, because it says they can carry up to 55 lbs or so. Anyone else have any input?

Jacks

I just bought the volo for my 3yo DS. He rarely needs a stroller but it will be nice to take on vacation, to the zoo for when he tires out or shopping. Best stroller EVER! So lightweight and doesn't take up any room in the cargo area of our car!! I highly recommend trying one out.

MaryAnn

I have a Zooper Hula. I like it enough to use it everyday. It's nicely padded, doesn't take up much trunk space, has a deep one-handed recline, lots of storage and comes with a cup holder, UV shade, rain cover and foot muff.

I ordered mine from strollers.com for $135 but I don't see it listed on there anymore.

momme2_3

I have had macs and peregos (p3's)...Loved them both...BUT I just sold my ryder because it doesn't have a tray on the front and that is I guess a deal breaker for our family...

We did have it for about a year and barely used it. Yes it is good for quick errands...BUT my dd liked snacking while riding (sometimes the only way to keep her in) and the p3 has the snack tray on the front...and a place to hold her sippy/bottle

motherandchild

Let me make this easy for you! I've been researching the perfect stroller for 2 years... I just found it!

Baby Jogger City Mini Series.... $200.... AWESOME STROLLER! Just bought it off Amazon.... wasn't able to get cheaper than $200 anywhere... but ebay you can get a rain shield thrown in... I wanted return policy... in case!

IT"S AWESOME.... YOu'll never regret it!:thumbsup:

ZephyrBlue

If you can find a Mac Triumph or similar on sale, I think you'd be very pleased. I've loved all 3 of my Macs.

That said, I do have a Graco Quatro Tour (found it on clearance at Target for $65- half price) full-sized stroller that I love as a "mall crawler" :eek: Big basket, cup and snack holder for me and DS, and it pushes one handed. I'm almost embarassed to push a Graco stroller, though, when I've been such a stroller snob for so long, LOL!!

louisandheather

Hi,

Albeebaby.com has a maclaren blue mod quest on sale for $119.99. It is such a cute color for a boy.Here is the link http://www.albeebaby.com/ma20qumodsti3.html. It is at quite a discounted rate! They also have other strollers that would be great including:chicco c1, pliko lite, peg p3 and the Zooper Hula. I have a Zooper twist and just love it. All of these are fairly lite weight umbrella fold strollers.

Heather

Lex

Let me make this easy for you! I've been researching the perfect stroller for 2 years... I just found it!

Baby Jogger City Mini Series.... $200.... AWESOME STROLLER! Just bought it off Amazon.... wasn't able to get cheaper than $200 anywhere... but ebay you can get a rain shield thrown in... I wanted return policy... in case!

IT"S AWESOME.... YOu'll never regret it!:thumbsup:

The only issue there is the weight limit of 33 lbs. It may work for you if you have a very light toddler, but many kids will outgrow this stroller before they outgrow the need to ride in a stroller. I like to have a stroller that my older kids can hop into if necessary (and I can put the baby on my back), and my twins passed the 33 lb. mark at their third birthday (they still occasionally ride in strollers now at nearly 5 years old and 40 pounds each).

Lex

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC