Help me decide

natalie77

Ok so my DS2 will be 3 on October 22. He is currently in a TF in DH's car, a RN80SL in mine and in Uptowns in my mom and MIL's cars.....rear facing in all! We also have a RN80 and Frontier (not 85) as spares. he has never used the FN it is waiting for him, LOL!

My deal is, in the Uptowns, he is very squished in the shoulder area, VERY squished. I am leaving him in them until age 3 RF. At that point I am comfortable turning him FF in my mom and MIL's cars due to the squish factor and for the fact that he has ridden with my MIL a total of about 5 times in his life and that won't become frequent so no worries. My mom takes him maybe once a week and just in town. She drives a Buick Regal, mid to late 90's model. He has to be in the center because my other 2 kids are with her when DS2 is. They are 12 & 10 and in seatbelts.

So what should I consider for my moms car for him FF? As for my MIL, when or if he rides with her, I will just put my RN or the spare RN in for him. I see no point in getting a seat for her. I could put my TF in my moms car FF or my spare RN or I could get a Nauti with the BRU trade in coming tomorrow. What would y'all suggest?? Thanks and sorry so long.:eek:

ADS

jjordan

Is there a reason you haven't considered putting the spare frontier in your mom's car until you are ready to use it in your own car?

jjordan

Well, I'd try that first and then, if it's too big, I'd get either an evenflo maestro or a graco nautilus for your mom's car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC