Help me decide - Signo/FPSVD/Blvd

dluciew

I got my Signo from elitecarseat. I've tried it out in DH's Yukon Denali XL and I love the seat but even using a pool noodle my sons legs are really close to him, more so than his Boulevard that's in my car. I do have a FPSVD and I tried installing it in DH's car too. The install of the Signo is great. The install of the FPSVD is not as good as I would like it in the center position with the seatbelt. I got the return shipping insurance. What would you do? DH thinks I'm crazy to be putting this much thought into a car seat so I need to bounce this off of you guys!

1. Do you think I could get a better install in the outboard position with the FPSVD? I'd rather him be in the center since there's no TSIP.

2. Should I send back the Signo?

3. Should I wait and get another Boulevard or consider something else?

ADS

mom2riley

If you can get a good center install with the BV and are comfortable with the way he fits in it. Then yes, I would return the Signo and get another BV. If your DS is RFing I would probably return the Signo for the lack of RFing tether alone, but that is just my personal preference.

ZephyrBlue

I wouldn't use a seat RF w.out a RF tether, so I'd return the Signo and use a BV on that point alone. BUT the lack of leg room in the Recaro convertibles, coupled with the issues they're having with their Customer Service and products would be enough to sway me away from Recaro and toward Britax, even if the RF tether wasn't an issue.

Mama!

Yeah, I totally admit that ds's legs are nearly in his chest in his Como. I don't see how the Signo would be any better.

I'd return the Signo and get the Britax.

Mama!

Not to derail, but Mama!- did you ever hear back from Recaro? Are they going to pick up the seats?

Nope, been waiting 2 weeks for Katherine to call me back "in the morning".

So i have 2 Comos here. UPS never showed. I've been advised to file with my credit card for a refund.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC