Help me choose upgrade seats! Please!

nursingnellie

Okay, I give up! I've been going :dizzy::confused::crying: for ages now trying to choose our new seats. DD is about to outgrow her SR, so she'll need two convertibles. DS has a MA that I can use for her if I like, and she fits in it well - in this case I would get one new convertible for her and another seat for DS.

Now to the problem.....There Are Too Many Seats I Want!!!!!

We've used Britax (RA and MA) since our 1st was out of a bucket, and we LOVE them. Would have no problem keeping DS in his MA. So I could just buy new Britax seat(s)...

Except there are all these other seats that are AWESOME, such as:

the TFP, which I think I will get one of (pink polka dotty) for DD in DH car
the MR, for its cool cupholders
the CA, for its complete air-ness
the RN, for its pretty patterns and just being the RN

and the ff-only seats...GN especially, maybe for DS? Except that I would keep him rf with the choice...

I NEED HELP from people who care about this as much as I do...DH is being very patient but even he is getting frustrated at my complete and total obsession with car seats of late.

Patterns:
DS wants a BLUE seat, though it looks like I may actually be able to get away with less blue than I originally thought.
For DD, I want GIRLY b/c I finally can, after eight years and two boys...
DH likes the mossy oak MA.

Cars:
2000 Chrysler Voyager w/ captain's chairs
2000 Subaru Forrester

See? I really need your help. I've actually given myself headaches two days in a row now trying to get this right. :p

I will be ETERNALLY grateful to any and all who help alleviate this condition!

:bow::bow:

ADS

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
What are you kids stats? I see the ages in you signature but what are their weights, heights and torso heights (measure bottom to shoulder, easiest way is to sit them against the wall mark where the shoulder is then measure) That can help decide which seats best fit your kids :)

nursingnellie

Well DS is not here right now to measure but I can start off w weight and height:

DS: 38.5 in, 28 lb
DD: 27 in, just over 20 lb, abt 11 in butt to shoulder :p

My kids tend to be big until a year, then slim down...to average or below that. :)

firemomof3

OK, I would get a GN for your ds and hand down his MA to dd for the Forester...unless you need to get 3 across?
Then I would get the TFP for your minivan for dd :)

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I see that you have a child in a booster seat. How are they fitting in the Forrester now? I assume the Voyager is a minivan right? Where are the kids sitting now?

If you don't need to do three across I'd be inclined to pass down the marathon to your daughter but purchase a girly cover. (check swap! I know there was a allie cover awhile back and I don't know if it sold or not)

Then for your son if you still want to keep him rear facing I'd look at the Radians or the Frontier for forward facing. But as of right now neither come in blue

Last edited:

nursingnellie

DS #1 is in a Turbo Booster, and occasionally the Big Kid Booster. Right now, the seats fit 3 across in the Forrester, with the SR installed w/o the base. It's tight, but they definitely fit.

In my car, DS #1 sits in the 3rd row, DS #2 sits in the passenger side captain's chair, and DD is behind the driver. Her seat can be tight behind the driver's seat when I'm not driving, so I think we'll be switching DD and DS2 when we get the new seat(s).

I'm starting to feel better already! :thumbsup:

hrice

I see that you have a child in a booster seat. How are they fitting in the Forrester now? I assume the Voyager is a minivan right? Where are the kids sitting now?

If you don't need to do three across I'd be inclined to pass down the marathon to your daughter but purchase a girly cover. (check swap! I know there was a allie cover awhile back and I don't know if it sold or not)

Then for your son if you still want to keep him rear facing I'd look at the Radians or the Frontier. But as of right now neither come in blue

The Frontier is FF only

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
DS #1 is in a Turbo Booster, and occasionally the Big Kid Booster. Right now, the seats fit 3 across in the Forrester, with the SR installed w/o the base. It's tight, but they definitely fit.

In my car, DS #1 sits in the 3rd row, DS #2 sits in the passenger side captain's chair, and DD is behind the driver. Her seat can be tight behind the driver's seat when I'm not driving, so I think we'll be switching DD and DS2 when we get the new seat(s).

I'm starting to feel better already! :thumbsup:

Are you going to need seats for both of them for both cars? Or are you just going to do the car seat swap?

In the forrester you may need a radian to do the booster and the MA.

Hmmmm.... you could do a radian for your son in the forrester and a Nautilus or Frontier for him in the Voyager, and then keep the MA for your daughter (with new girly cover of course) and switch that one in and out since it is super easy to install

babyherder

I think the radian used to have a blue cover. Not sure if you could find one or if it would fit on a current radian but its a thought for your DS. What about a red radian otherwise? (I just like red. I'm sure he'd fit in many other seats). The MA has some blue covers. Maybe you could find one?

For your dd I say pass down the marathon and get a girly cover. Or get a myride with a girly cover. The myride has so many girly cover choices I'm not sure how I'd choose!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC