Help finding a good fit conv seat for Sienna

Oceana

I have a 2009 8 passenger Toyota Sienna

I have 3 kids

I have an 18lb 1 year old in a rear facing tru-fit that FITS horribly. The crotch strap is too far out and installing it is a bear and involves towels or noodles. It does not seem to fit my daughter at all or my car

so I need another convertible

My boys ages 7 and 5 1/2 use boosters for day to day (we put the 5 year old in a safeguard child seat for trips) but for car pool he uses a booster.

I need a convertible that doesn't need a pool noodle for correct install. I find the boys have difficulty buckling sometimes due to the width of the car seat and the noodle will get in the way of easily grasping the buckle. The buckles sink into the between seats space when not in use. I prefer to have them all on 1 row so the boys cannot touch one another and also they keep the baby amused.

Help! My husband hates the tru-fit because installing it is like wrestling a team of bears coated in oil. He curses it and has longing fantasies about our old Britax seats. I worry that Britax will have the same angle issues and will also leave him angry and frustrated.

Can anyone make a recommendation? Easy install for my car that doesnt involve accessories and a seat that fits a small weight long lean 1 year old and will keep her rear facing as long as possible?

Thanks
julie

ADS

NannyMom

Are you trying to install the True Fit so the level line is level to the ground? If so, you're 18 month old doesn't need it that reclined. I have a 2008, 8 passenger Sienna. I install the True Fit with no noodles or towels (for an older baby/ child). And with LATCH, it installs sure easily. Is the crotch buckle on the inner or outer position? I use the True Fit Premiere (mostly the same as the True Fit, and I used to have the True Fit) for my 3 ear old, rear facing in the Sienna. Can you take pictures of what you're having issues with?

Oceana

Are you trying to install the True Fit so the level line is level to the ground? If so, you're 18 month old doesn't need it that reclined. I have a 2008, 8 passenger Sienna. I install the True Fit with no noodles or towels (for an older baby/ child). And with LATCH, it installs sure easily. Is the crotch buckle on the inner or outer position? I use the True Fit Premiere (mostly the same as the True Fit, and I used to have the True Fit) for my 3 ear old, rear facing in the Sienna. Can you take pictures of what you're having issues with?

the angle trying to get that line level

I will check on the location of the crotch strap next time I am at the car. DH deals with the install

It just doesnt feel tight to me, I complain he tries to tighten. I put the baby in and it wiggles I complain wash rinse repeat

Jennifer mom to my 7

Umm, and old style marathon or boulevard:eek:

Fit great in a sienna with no noodles or anything.

Other than that, the truefit can be as upright as 35 degrees, the britax as upright as 30. You don't have to have the line on the seat level to the ground.

NannyMom

The line being level would put the seat at 45*, needed for a newborn. Your toddler can have the seat as upright at 30*. Remove the noodles, and install.
Remove the headrest from the True Fit. Stand behind the True Fit, between it and the front seats. Use your body to push the True Fit down, and toward the vehicle seatback, while pulling the latch strap tight. Close lockoffs, and replace Ture Fit headrest. It should be pretty easy :thumbsup:

I also like how the My Ride installs, but only if I install from behind, like I mentioned for the True Fit.

christineka

I have a true fit installed in my sienna. It's the easiest seat I own. My baby weighs 18 pounds and fits nicely in the seat. There's also the infant padding, though I'm not sure what the weight limits are on it. I also fit a radian nicely in my van, but not in the middle most seat.

I've had a hard time with boosters in the second row. I got an old style parkway with no arm rests and it is easy to buckle. The bodyguard booster has arm rests that flip up and is also pretty easy to buckle there. Perhaps some current seat with flip up armrests would be easier for your kids to buckle.

NannyMom

Re: Help finding a good fit conv seat for Sienna

Thanks! She isnt quite tall enough to need the headrest yet (only 16 months)

we will try it that way

How much does she weigh? The headrest needs to be out on when the baby's head reaches the red line on the cover, OR they reach 22 pounds.

Oceana

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I did the install method mentioned above and it is now a fantastic seat!

Somehow in all the car seat stuff me and DH BOTH missed the adjusting crotch strap and had been using receiving blankets to make it work.

Her head only comes up to the bottom of the patch that starts to say if your head reaches this line you must add the head rest part so we have a while we can stay lean on the seat.

Now that we are not messing with pool noodles I don't have to worry about my boys accidentally unsnaping the latch while trying to get passed the noodle to buckle themselves.

Thank you! I am really glad I can start enjoying this seat.

julie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC