*HELP! Confused at what seat to buy!!*

saige

Ok I need to buy a new convertible seat for my son.. I've done some research but this is ALOT harder than i thought. Open to any suggestions.

Here are the stats:
- 8 months
- 20 pounds
- 27.5 inches long
- Wears a 6-9 mo onsie
- Seat for a 2012 Chevy Impala
- Looking to spend no more than 250$ BUT would like to spend less;)
- Need to be easy install because it will be switched between cars.

I was looking at a radian RXT, since my son is tall and he would last a long time in it but i think its TOO tall for my small car and middle seat?
Others i was looking at is Graco brands, nextfit, britax, and cosco.

HELP! PLEASE! I need to order one today so it will be here in a week for a car seat insepction/install at a local hospital.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

ADS

CMeMeC

I haven't tried the nextfit in person, but I would probably try it in your case. It should last a while rear facing and I've heard it's easy to install. The impalas are pretty car seat friendly, aside from the anchors being hard to reach. While I like my radian, I wouldn't want to move it around regularly and it takes up a lot of space front to back (I do not have an adjuster and I think my parents impala is an 07).

nannykates

I would skip the cosco you will be back buying a new seat sooner than you anticipated.

The radian has an accessory called the angle adjuster that will make it sit more upright so it won't be such a problem in your back seat, but you can't use it until your son has good head control. Also, the install on radians isn't always the easiest.

The britax isn't very long lasting rearfacing for tall kiddos so I would skip that too, unless you are planning more kids then the roundabout classic (or a different britax convertible but the raclassic is the least expensive and longest lasting rf) would be great and you can hand it down and buy a longer lasting rf seat down the road if needed.

The nextfit is hovering right above your price range. It's a great seat pretty tall, nice soft good, easy to adjust and install. If you are ok spending more than your budget I think you will be very pleased with this seat.

The graco size4me/mysize/headwise (all same basic seat) is the tallest for rf a fairly simple install and adjust. You will give up the 5 more pounds rf from the raidan but most people don't need it. This seat is the best value of those you listed.

In the end, if your son has good head control my choices (in order) would be rxt, nextfit, size4me. If not so much yet I would say nextfit, size4me, radian. If you are planning another baby soonish, Britax, nextfit, radian, size4me.

saige

THANKS SO MUCH! This helped a lot!

Another seat i forgot to mention in the Maxi Cosi Pria 70.
Anyone have any experience with this? what do you think?
Better then any of the other car seats mentioned above?

saige

THANKS SO MUCH! This helped a lot!

Another seat i forgot to mention in the Maxi Cosi Pria 70.
Anyone have any experience with this? what do you think?
Better then any of the other car seats mentioned above?

nannykates

Personally, I don't generally think the Pria is worth the up in price from the Graco, unless you really need leg room or a seat that isn't up on a base and can't do a radian for some reason.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC