Headrest on Radian sliding down?

evan'smom

I have 2 Sunshine Radians (can't remember exact model, but they have the head "wings" and go to 65 lbs?) that are currently being used FF for one of my 3 yr olds and my 5 year old. On my 5 year old's seat, I recently had to move the straps to the top slot. Ever since, I have had trouble tightening the straps. I removed the seat from the car to make sure the straps weren't tangled or caught on something, neither of which was the case. However, in examining the seat carefully, I realized that the head rest is moving down and pinching the straps, making them difficult to tighten. Is this normal? If not, is there anything I can do to make the head rest stay in place? Thanks!

ADS

evan'smom

I've read that there is a screw you can tighten? Maybe look for that and see if it works.

Thanks! I actually found screws that could be tightened on each side and tried that. I thought that had fixed it, as the headrest seemed to be snugger when I moved it up. However, as soon as I pushed on the top of the head rest even just a little, it slid right back down.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC