hbb that fit in the 2nd row center of 2016 Odyssey

U

Unregistered

We currently have a 2009 pilot with 3 kids in Radians across the middle row. We are looking to purchase a 2016 Odyssey and are anticipating the day when all three kids will be in hbb. Is there a booster that reliably fits on the center seat of the second row of the 2016 Odyssey, and that allows the child to buckle themselves fairly easily? I'd prefer to keep all kids in the second row, but I'm afraid I won't be able to fit three hbb boosters across even in wide mode.

If it helps, the kids are:
age 6 - 47lbs - 46"
age 6 - 45lbs - 45"
age 8 - 47lbs - 47"

ADS

gigi

I would do HBBs outboard and a backless in the center for the 8 year old. I have heard the Olli fits well in that middle seat.

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
As was stated above, a Clek might work. However, it is often harder to fit three boosters across than it is to fit three harnessed seats because you need so much "wiggle room" for constant buckling and unbuckling.

If possible, I would consider using the third row.

U

Unregistered

OP here...thanks for the replies. I plan to put someone in third row for our regular day to day driving, but I really want the option of using all the cargo space behind the second row when we go on long trips, etc. Since we are buying all new seats, I want to try to get something that will work in the third row and also in the center second row for when we need that configuration. Since it wouldn't be all the time, I'm okay with it being difficult to get the buckle done.

Cost isn't really an issue at this point. We're already buying a new car so I'm just adding the cost of whatever seats will work best into our overall car budget.

I'll look into the oobr and the rodifit. I've seen that the olli works, but I prefer high back since she is just transitioning out of the 5-point harness. Does anyone know if the oobr is a similar width/footprint to the olli?

I'd be happy to hear any other suggestions for general configurations!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC