Have you ever sold on Craigslist?

I'm working on a sale right now! I'm also going to be posting some more things on there in the morn'! I hate it when I see a Britax seat, for like $150, and want it sooooo bad, but won't because of not knowing the history! Tears me up! LOL! I love CL! I've found daycare kiddos on there, got a Nanny position last summer, and have bought many wonderful things! Of course, it's all baby stuff for my daycare! Oh, I found a Mac Twin Traveller on there last December for $!25!!! I LOVE that thing!!!

ADS

Jordynsmama

It is great for selling stuff without putting in a lot of work. I sold my AOE on it, my booster, and am in the process of meeting a guy monday to sell my old recaro booster someone gave me(its from 2000 and I dont liek the no headwing issue), and also some clothes, shoes, baby gates, ect.
I just meet the people somewhere and don't have them come to my house or go to theirs either. Good luck and happy selling!

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
GUESS WHAT:D

I sold my first item!!!!! Yeah, I am so excited. It was so easy too.
I sold my mountain bike (haven't riden in 2 years, didn't really ride much b/f that either:eek: ).

A sweet girl from VT bought it, she said she just really wanted to get out and enjoy, in light of all that had happened in the past week.

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
Question:question:

What is the common consensus about selling used car seats? I have my daughter's travel system & I would love to sell it, so I could put the $ toward buying a new stroller.

First, it is a Dorel Eddie Bauer system. Car seat's DOM I think is 12/05 or 1/06 (don't know off top of my head) & we have two bases for the car seat.
My problem with the carseat...... the material (foam) that is under the seat cover is discolored/stained. Granted the seat cover goes over it, so it isn't seen, but..... I don't know if I would be comfortable selling it because of that.

I have used the stroller alot, so I wouldn't ask for much if I sold the system. I was thinking, if is is even worth selling, $50ish for all.

What do you think? If you think yes, how much?

Thanks for the advice in advance:)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would sell it.

Just be honest about the staining on the material underneath the cover. Most people don't mind as long as they know about it.

Write a detailed description, including that the seat has never been in an accident.

How much did you pay for the system? $50 seems REALLY cheap, but it is up to you, of course.

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
I was a gift, I think my in-laws said they paid $250 for it & then I paid around $40 or so for the extra base.

I would ask more, but I honestly don't know what is a fair price:confused: since it is sooo used:D

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I see lots of travel systems in the $50-80 range on our local CL

I've sold quite a few things and bought quite a few things as well...LOVE not having to pay eBay's ridiculous fees!!!

lovinwaves

Question:question:

What is the common consensus about selling used car seats? I have my daughter's travel system & I would love to sell it, so I could put the $ toward buying a new stroller.

First, it is a Dorel Eddie Bauer system. Car seat's DOM I think is 12/05 or 1/06 (don't know off top of my head) & we have two bases for the car seat.
My problem with the carseat...... the material (foam) that is under the seat cover is discolored/stained. Granted the seat cover goes over it, so it isn't seen, but..... I don't know if I would be comfortable selling it because of that.

I have used the stroller alot, so I wouldn't ask for much if I sold the system. I was thinking, if is is even worth selling, $50ish for all.

What do you think? If you think yes, how much?

Thanks for the advice in advance:)

I sold my 2 year old Graco Snugride for $55. ;)

vonfirmath

Interesting to have recommendations to sell carseats here when we recommend people NOT buy car seats off of craig's list, etc.
(and no, I would not take the word of an anonymous ad that a carseat had not been in an accident. I don't know the person behind it to know if their word is worth anything.)

However, I do haunt Craig's List and have bought baby stuff there that does NOT fall into crib/car seat categories. I much prefer Craig's List to ebay because I've had bad experiences with Ebay, whereas through Craig's list it is a simple exchange of goods. My cash for your item. Every item I've ever bought I've gone to the people's house. But I can understand the caution in wanting to meet elsewhere as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC