Has there already been a thread about the new Nissan NV3500 passenger van?

ADS

Chex

Oh yes, it comes in leather. AND has limo seating.

Dude, did you NOT see my comment about posting about flaws? How helpful are you? Pfft.

Denisse

For that price, I would recommend looking into a MB Sprinter to compare. My husband was able to make a deal on a 2011 model for $39K. Nissan and MB are similar except, the Sprinter has more cargo and head room. Getting in and out is a back saver! The Nissan is aimed more towards luxury and the MB towards utility. The Sprinter is diesel and has better gas milage also. Either way, they are both great for large families. Good luck on your search!:)

tinytreasures

Ugh you guys are just naughty. Now I need to talk dh into one. This would be so nice with my crew of kids. Plus I wouldn't have any trouble fitting the wheelchairs in the back :love:

5in5

I found this thread searching for information about the LATCH points in this vehicle. DH is going to be disappointed, he was under the impression it had LATCH in every seat... Oh well, we already committed to buy our dealers "demo" as soon as it arrives. I'm SO excited!

canadiangie

I found this thread searching for information about the LATCH points in this vehicle. DH is going to be disappointed, he was under the impression it had LATCH in every seat... Oh well, we already committed to buy our dealers "demo" as soon as it arrives. I'm SO excited!

I'm pretty sure it has a ton of tether anchors though (5? More?) and that's what matters. Installing with a seatbelt is perfectly safe if done correctly. It's the lack of tether anchors, lap/shoulder belts, and head restraints in most other 10/12/15 passenger vehicles that is such a safety concern. Really and truly, this Nissan unit is AWESOME in terms of car seat and booster seat friendly features. Tell your Dh not to worry. :)

MomToMyMonkeys

I just saw one at the dealership, and I wasn't impressed. I was SO ready to love this van, but it just wasn't as fabulous in person as it was in pictures. The front end is massive and there is zero cargo room. The front row drivers side seat has a weird hump coming out in front of it so it would be impossible to get a RF seat in that position. The one we saw was the very base model (no power windows, etc) and it was listed at $38K. That seems so outrageous to me after seeing it in real life. If I'm going to spend that kind of money then I might as well go for the sprinter.

Sorry to be the dissenting voice, but I thought I'd better chime in after seeing it.

careynj

MomToMyMonkeys said:
I just saw one at the dealership, and I wasn't impressed. I was SO ready to love this van, but it just wasn't as fabulous in person as it was in pictures. The front end is massive and there is zero cargo room. The front row drivers side seat has a weird hump coming out in front of it so it would be impossible to get a RF seat in that position. The one we saw was the very base model (no power windows, etc) and it was listed at $38K. That seems so outrageous to me after seeing it in real life. If I'm going to spend that kind of money then I might as well go for the sprinter.

Sorry to be the dissenting voice, but I thought I'd better chime in after seeing it.

Did you happen to take any measurements? Thy haven't been released in Canada yet, but I'm really hoping this will work for my brother's family.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC