Price Check Harvey's boxy that's no longer available

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I have a Harvey's Forever Blue Jeans boxy tote that I absolutely love. But it's still new and hasn't been used. I have this feeling that the shape of the bag just isn't going to work for my purposes, so I have in it's own shelf in the closet, covered by a blanky and every so often I peek at it. :ROTFLMAO:

I ordered myself a new Harveys bag today with a shape that I think is going to work better. A little worried it might be bigger than what I need...but I guess I'll see when it gets here!

Anyhoo, I figure I'm not doing myself any favours having my boxy sitting in the closet not being loved. And I should sell it since I kind of didn't have the money for the new bag. :p

Harvey's doesn't make my bag anymore, they occasionally bring back FBJ in different styles, different webbing (for example, last time it had thick and thin webbing and wasn't near as nice IMO), different lining, etc. but my exact bag has not been made again.

I'm thinking of selling it on Harveys Facebook page. Any idea of what I should be asking for it? Someone is selling the same one, new as well, on eBay right now http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harveys-Sea...243?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item23257f68c3 with a $200 starting bid and a BIN for $300. :eek: I don't think she'll get $300, but what the heck do I know. And she says you won't find another like it in that condition...ha! Except for mine! :p

Last edited:
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
So no Harveys fans have an idea of the value of this bag? Or can point me to someplace else to look into it?

--Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I would have told you to check eBay :p

How much was it new?

I got a NWT discontinued medium tote for $135 or so on eBay about two years ago. If that helps at all.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Not really sure of the regular price as I bought it from Harveys after it was already off their site. They found one in a deep, dark secret room months later and I was lucky enough to get it. I paid $150 with shipping.

I'm not sure if your pricing helps me as I don't know how the price of medium totes compares to boxies. I can go look though. What colour was yours?

If I can't get at least what I paid, I won't sell it.

ETA: seems boxies and medium totes are about the same price. And this would be priced like the mixed colour bags, not the solid colour bags.

Now that I stare at it more, I'm not sure I can part with it. It's SO nice. And the Blue Jean lining is just fab. But I've never used it. *sigh* Hopefully this isn't a sign I'd make a good hoarder. :p

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Really, save it. You won't always have diaper bags to lug around. If you loved it so much that you rescued one from the bowels of Harveys' warehouse, it's meant to be. Keep it. (I'm not meaning to be such an enabler...but I have a couple bags I could never part with, even if I only use them once a year.

If it matters, mine was the Trail Mix pattern (copper, green, brown, with camp-ish type lining). Now that you mention it, I also got mine from Harvey's, but it was through their eBay store. It wasn't available on their website anymore.

But don't sell it.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Twist my arm...I'll keep it! Now are you going to break it to my DH? :p

I have a storm wallet, make up case, and key ring that matches the storm in the FBJ boxy. It also matches the new bag I have coming. So makes sense to keep both bags since my accessories match both...right...right?!

And I also want that Orange Crush boxy. If it wasn't a style I already had, I'd be ordering it.

Your bag sounds gorgeous and right up my alley colour wise. Any pics?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Always happy to help :D

This is the only pic I have of it, with the General Sherman tree at Sequoia. Yeah, I took a picture of my purse in a national park, ok?

2A779483-715B-4536-8130-D11AF12138B1-19713-00001004D09C878E.jpg

My favorite Harvey's bag is my cupcake one, though. Pink, light blue, and brown, with a cupcake lining.

canadiangie

Always happy to help :D

This is the only pic I have of it, with the General Sherman tree at Sequoia. Yeah, I took a picture of my purse in a national park, ok?

2A779483-715B-4536-8130-D11AF12138B1-19713-00001004D09C878E.jpg

My favorite Harvey's bag is my cupcake one, though. Pink, light blue, and brown, with a cupcake lining.

Oh good grief that is gorgeous, Jennie.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC