Growing family!

shinaynay17

I am so glad that after hubby and I discussed buying a new vehicle 2 months ago we actually didn't get one. We had discussed it and couldn't come up with the perfect vehicle.

Well we found out that we will be expecting again in November so I think it is truly time to look at the vehicles without a 5 family thought but with a 6!!

We definitely won't be buying until after my 20 week ultra sound. Last time we bought an SUV when I was 5 weeks along and surprise we got a ton more then we bargained for with twins and well the SUV sucks at 3 across and I absolutely hate it.

So well now we thought maybe bigger would be better as then we wouldn't have to buy a new car for a while. We both want lots of kids... Like 6-8 kids lol.

As of right now we have 3 rear facing fellows. 2 in graco snug rides and our girl is in a rf radian.

Dd is 22 months and very tiny. She lost weight and now weighs 22 pounds I believe she is 36'. Can't remember and haven't measured forever.

Ds 1&2: almost 9 months are around 24 pounds and 28' I Believe again haven't checked for a bit.

So the boys are going to be moving into the guide 65 bought these almost 2 months ago but I'm still in love with the infant seats as they nap while I go grocery shopping!!!!!!

So any suggestions on a nice vehicle. I am thinking I might want a van. Hated the idea 2 months ago but adding 1 more gets me more interested lol

A) I need a vehicle that will fit 4 rear facing seats comfortably
B) I was looking at the sprinter? Anyone have ideas on that. Is it too big or as comfy and roomy as it looks. I'm used to driving a bus so big vehicles don't scare me!!
C) price is of no worry right now.

I want tons of research. If anyone's done 4 rear facing in any car I'd love to hear about it!!!

ADS

nannykates

If you are going minivan I'd go with a current generation odyssey or previous generation sienna, 8 passengers of both.
The middle row on the current odysseys is fantabulous!

The not so mini vans I think I would choose are the sprinter or nissan nv. Lap belts are only safe for installing carseats and headrests are important for anyone not in a car seat.

BarbieWD

Don't forget to keep in mind what happens when they're all forward facing! Make sure which ever vehicle you choose has at least four tether anchors! (For example: our Dodge Grand Caravan only has 3.... we will have to replace it with something else in a couple years b/c of the lack of tether anchors!)

shinaynay17

Oh most definitely going to need top tethers. I was thinking of the sprinter. Hubby says its 'so big' but that will mean I get to drive it as opposed to him!! I have been researching the sprinter but I haven't come up with any results on how many tether anchors are in it:(

Could I not get tether anchors installed after I buy it? I know it would be awesome to have them almost everywhere. When I can get sisters or friends to go shopping it is definitely nice to go in1 vehicle and seeing as most have kids ( they all think I'm crazy to have my 22 month old rear facing... Eeekk) I can install all of the car seats no problem for them!

shinaynay17

I looked up the Nissan nv. It had a ton more info. I read it to believe it has 5 tether anchor points. So half of the seating although it says it is majorly lacking in cargo space. I really need my stroller do I keep it in my vehicle at all times. It fold to be about the same size as a graco stroller, had a graco for my first and the one I have now fits better in my SUV then that one did. Love the look of the nv so SUV like!!

Nimommyof2

I'm pretty sure if you type Nissan NV into the search bar on here there should be some good info on it. I remember somebody had bought one and posted lots of pictures, it was in the states I think but would be the same.

BarbieWD

Could I not get tether anchors installed after I buy it? I know it would be awesome to have them almost everywhere.

In most cases, unless the vehicle manufacturer allows it, you can't just add more tether anchors (TA)!

In older vehicles the TA locations can be predrilled and you will need to get the retrofit kits (from the vehicle manufacturer) and then have them installed. However, in new(er) vehicles, TA are factory installed and are not retrofit-able. (In almost all cases.) Hence my dismay with our '07 grand caravan....

nannykates

I believe I read that the seats are movable and removable so if you for example took half the back row out you would have more cargo room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC