Great Trade-In at BRU ?

dkdean

I have a Graco Snugride(11/04) that I just took/cut the straps out of (didn't want someone taking it from the curb and using it)...Will BRU accept it? I didn't see anything re: condition of items and could use 25% off on a new TrueFit for DH's car.

ADS

moobiegirl

I took one in last night that has been on my back porch (open to the elements) for six months. The accepted it. I'm sure if a nasty, expired looking car seat is okay then one with cut straps would work too.

lovemyfamily

They will take anything that is listed on their site, in any condition. I called and asked about an umbrella stroller and the guy said, a stroller is a stroller!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I thought the link was pretty obvious, I guess not... Yes, you can take in anything from any category and buy whatever you need to of the participating brands. Take in a stroller, buy a carseat, take in a crib, buy a highchair, they just give you the coupon when you bring the thing in, then you go shop and buy one of the acceptable brands (listed in my link, I know that for sure, it's most of them, anyway).

courtfrog2

Sorry... I went to BRU website to look it up and went to frequently asked questions. The third question down confused me.
"can I bring multiple items and recieve add'l savings"

I read the last sentence as "The new item must by in the participating product('S) category" and not "participating product categories"

Didn't mean to sound dumb :rolleyes:

I thought the link was pretty obvious, I guess not... Yes, you can take in anything from any category and buy whatever you need to of the participating brands. Take in a stroller, buy a carseat, take in a crib, buy a highchair, they just give you the coupon when you bring the thing in, then you go shop and buy one of the acceptable brands (listed in my link, I know that for sure, it's most of them, anyway).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah, yeah, they aren't too clear in the FAQ's. But they just mean you have to buy something in the qualifying categories, which would be most of their baby gear/furniture brands. :)

courtfrog2

I just haven't been to BRU in probably 3 years so I'm out of the loop. The sad part is I have absolutely no carseats left that are not being used unless I have a booster in my garage somewhere.

My friend is hoping to get a myride and she read it wrong too :p There might be hope that I have an umbrella stroller. It's her first child so all her stuff is new.

mamamonkmee

hit thrief stores and pick up a yucky baby itemfor a couple $ and trade it in. gets you new stuff and gets yucky old stuff outta the store. :)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I thought the link was pretty obvious, I guess not... Yes, you can take in anything from any category and buy whatever you need to of the participating brands.

Well, CRUD! It hadn't even occurred to me to check the brand list, but Fisher Price isn't on there! I was planning to use the 25% off to get a Space Saver High Chair. I actually wanted a Chicco 360 Hook On, but my store doesn't carry them!

I wouldn't mind having another HBB, but they don't carry anything with decent-looking SIP, either. I made a special trip out there to get that stinking $15 gift card, and now I realize they don't have anything I want to spend it on! :thumbsdown:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, CRUD! It hadn't even occurred to me to check the brand list, but Fisher Price isn't on there! I was planning to use the 25% off to get a Space Saver High Chair. I actually wanted a Chicco 360 Hook On, but my store doesn't carry them!

I wouldn't mind having another HBB, but they don't carry anything with decent-looking SIP, either. I made a special trip out there to get that stinking $15 gift card, and now I realize they don't have anything I want to spend it on! :thumbsdown:

Well, crud. Did they give you one of the coupon books with the 20% off any baby item coupons? 20% is almost as good as 25%, but I think Fisher Price needs a swift kick in the pants for not participating, I never noticed, since I hover around the carseats more than the highchairs :eek:

brooklynsmommy

I traded it our crappy umbrella stroller and got the 25% coupon that I used towards our new Elite that I just bought. A nice $50 discount. You can turn in any baby stuff (furniture type stuff) and use it on any of the brands listed.

steph_s

I posted an add on craigslist for baby gear for free and explained what I was using it for. I got several emails from people with expired infant seats, strollers, and cribs they would give me for free. Might want to try that before finding something at the resale shop.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC