Graco Turbobooster or Britax SG

wondering1

Graco Turbobooster or Britax SG - added *photos*

I want to buy a booster seat today. Child is 7 years old, primarily harnessed in the Britax Regent. 47-48 lbs. 48.25" tall. Shoulders are below the 2nd from the top harness slots on the Britax Regent.

The booster will only be used for special circumstances but also for travel!

Do you think it is possible to get the Britax SG in an overhead of an airplane?

The Britax SG weighs about 5 lbs more than the Graco Turbobooster.

The hard pipping material in the Graco seat cover looks like it would be uncomfortable to sit on.

Any other boosters I should consider?

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

wondering1

ToysRUs current sale has the Graco Turbobooster in Messenger (red/gray) for $40 this weekend. I picked one up. The DOM is 4/11/2009 so that'll expire 12/31/2015?

Ideas welcome!

ginny4

ToysRUs current sale has the Graco Turbobooster in Messenger (red/gray) for $40 this weekend. I picked one up. The DOM is 4/11/2009 so that'll expire 12/31/2015?

Ideas welcome!

great! i'd stick with the turbo. it makes a GREAT travel seat as well as a primary booster. the price is awesome too.

wondering1

Thanks, Ginny.

I've uploaded some photos for guidance on adjusting to ensure proper belt positioning.

The full album is here:
http://www.car-seat.org/album.php?albumid=93

picture.php

picture.php

Pixels

The top of the booster needs to go up a click. The bottom of the red belt guide should be even with or above the top of the shoulder.

You put the screws in, right?

steph_s

My son is also in a Regent full time and I too went through the delema of a travel/ extra seat for him. I did not like the turbo at all! It didn't position the straps low enough on his legs and half of it was on his stomach (even though he does meet the minimum requirements for this seat) and he found it uncomfortable. Plus it isn't nearly as wide or go as tall as the SG. I finally broke down and ordered the Pkwy sg for him (even though he didn't like the old pkwy's huge head wings) and I got it from a place that will pay return shipping if I hated it since you can't find it in any stores around me. Well it's an awesome seat! I feel MUCH better with him in this booster than I did with him in any other boosters. The straps go over his legs nicely, he has lots of room to grow both upwards and side to side (didn't want to get him a seat that wouldn't give him enough hip room later).

It is bigger and heavier than the turbo, but it's still lighter than a convertible seat. I just feel it's safer and will last longer. Doesn't hurt that I found an awesome sale and got it for under $70.

ginny4

i agree move the headrest up a click. otherwise great fit!!

while i think the parkway SG has a neat feature for younger/smaller booster riders. i personally can't imagine my kids liking the slide guard at all especially when older. i mean why not just use a harnessed seat? i wish it was an optional feature instead of mandatory. just my 2 cents

steph_s

My 10 year old nephew didn't mind the sg clip at all. He used the Pwky sg as a backless in my car and didn't complain once. He isn't use to riding in a booster at all because he fits fine in my sisters vehicle in just a seatbelt in the center seat where he typically sits.

ETA: Here is my son in his Regent, the Parkway SG and the Evenlo Big kid (which is similar to the turbo in size and shape).
Second to top slots in Regent
Sept09033-1.jpg

Pkwy SG
Sept09032-1.jpg

Evenflo big kid (sorry that is his pants string going across the seatbelt, but notice how it doesn't cross his legs as nicely as the sg)
Sept09035-1.jpg

Calleiah

Not sure I like where that lap belt fits him on the Big Kid.

I noticed nobody threw it out there, but even though the Monterey is a heavy booster, it's also by far (in our experience) the most comfortable traveling booster. My older DD is 10, 85 lbs, 57" tall and still prefers to ride in it with the back on. The adjustable sides and extra cushion in the seat area keep her from complaining half as much as she would otherwise.
We have not traveled on a plane with it, but the back removes the same as a TB.
:twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC