Graco Snugride expiration PSA

When I went to BRU to register the girl told me to check the exp. date on my infant seat if I was going to reuse it. I explained I was a tech, and I know about exp. dates. She said oh, good, well you know they all expire after 5 years. When I questioned her, she said alot of snugrides have a 5 year exp.

When did they change it? Or is it a misprint?

not sure about the snug ride, but as for the BRU employee, I notice that every time I am at BRU an employee tells a customer that all car seats expire after 5 years.. once he was telling someone this and I walked over and corrected some of his info, when he came to the part about all seats expire after 5 years I swung around and said "most seats expire after 6 YEARS, and some like radians, have 8 year exp dates and true fit has 7, britax frontier 9, always check the date on the seat.. ) that guy is not my biggest fan lol I think I am possibly banned from their car seat section since I correct the associates as I walk by constantly.. (you have to turn them at 1 cause their legs will be bent) that is my favorite line from this one guy.:rolleyes:

ADS

Mommy0608

I called Graco a while back and was told that it absolutely does expire in 5.5 years (I posted earlier that my SS1 has a DOM of 7/2007 and do not use after 12/2012). She couldn't explain why this was.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The one that has a January DOM is probably considering that as a full year. You're only missing 18 days...

It's 18 days shy of five years, yes. Not 18 days shy of 6 years. Weird, and aggravating considering some other seats are 6+ years due to their funky dating system, and mine is less than 5.

emars002

It's 18 days shy of five years, yes. Not 18 days shy of 6 years. Weird, and aggravating considering some other seats are 6+ years due to their funky dating system, and mine is less than 5.

hmmm that is crazy! I would call about that one - that is a full year less than you should have - My oldest DDs snugride's DOM was sometime in the summer of 2003 and it expired december 2009 so it was about 6.5 years if I remember correctly

Maggie

My SS1 DOM is July of '06 and a do not use after December '12. So some aren't even 5 full years and mine is 6.5. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC