Graco Nautilus

HappyMommy0403

My son is in the highest slot in the seat and I was getting it set before installation and noticed that when adjusting the head rest to the recommended position (belt guide at or just above the shoulders) it covers the highest harness slot. Is this ok or should I move it up 1 click even though it is higher than recommended?

ADS

Baylor

My son is in the highest slot in the seat and I was getting it set before installation and noticed that when adjusting the head rest to the recommended position (belt guide at or just above the shoulders) it covers the highest harness slot. Is this ok or should I move it up 1 click even though it is higher than recommended?

The harness slot being used can not be covered. You need to move it up more that that. If the belt guides are above the shoulders it should not be covering the harness slot.

jess71903

Ambassador
That happens sometimes when you first move up. You can't cover a slot being used, so yes, you do need to go up to the click just above the slot. It will look weird for a while, but you will get used to it. The belt guide thing is most important for when the seat is used in booster mode.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC