Graco Nautilus vs Compass True Fit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynters*Mom

Hi all - I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year holiday. :)

I'm sorry to be posting on here again with more questions. I'm new (only found your all a few weeks ago) to this website and am SO amazed with all the information and knowledge here!!! :love:

I'm still in the process of deciding on what seat to buy for my mom's car. I'm trying to find a second HWH car seat and thought my only options were the Regent, Apex 65, Radian, Decathalon, Boulevard or another MA (and the Safeguard seats). I just found some threads today discussing the new Graco HWH and the Compass HWH - and I'm excited!

I'm wondering if one of these might be the seat I should get. What are the main differences in the Nautilus and the Compass? What is the difference in the top harness slot height? Also, I know they're new, but does anyone know if the Graco seat is going to have a "girly pattern"? (I saw the Compass has the Moet pattern, which looks kind of pink.)

Thanks in advance!!!
Mommy to Wynter FF in MA at 4 1/2 yo and 39 lbs.

ADS

melniemi

The Compass True Fit is a convertible - rearfaces to 35# and forward faces to 65#. Harness height is said to be 18", but it is not out yet, so no one knows for sure;)

Graco Nautilus is a combination seat. It does not rearface at all. It forward faces to 65#s in the harness and then converts to a booster seat. The harness height, according to the owner, is 18" and the booster seat guide is at about 19.5". When the booster is outgrown with the back, it can be converted to a no back booster to 100 pounds.

If you do not need the seat to rearface, you might be better off going with the Graco as it will convert to a booster when your child outgrows the harness.

The patterns for the Graco are unknown as far as I know!

mom2boys

I was wondering the same thing for my 22 month old, 26 lbs., 14" torso. He is forward facing, so I think I am now leaning towards the Nautilus. We are using it as a second car seat in our non primary car and I have a 22 month old and an almost 5 year old. My 5 year old is in a Regent, but the nice thing about having this as a second seat is that I can use it for both kids. Also, I think this Graco seat is more versatile and will last longer than the True Fit if you don't need the rear facing option. Plus, because the Graco is cheaper, and should last longer than the True Fit, I think this is the better way to go. You may want to wait until the True Fit comes out and try out the two and see which one you like better. Plus, sit your kid in both and see which one fits your child better. That's the key.

Kris0722

Ugh - this is my burning questions as well! :rolleyes:

I was planning on getting the truefit for my 3 year old once the new baby outgrows the SR (probably around June). Then baby will get the MA and my 3 year old will get a new seat.... I just don't know which one!

Do we know how wide both seats are supposed to be? I guess it is great to have 2 wonderful options - but ACK - which one????

Kristen

mom2boys

I think I am going to wait until the True Fit comes out and see the reviews and hopefully see it in person. My kids have broad shoulders, and I bought the Signo off the internet that is a great seat, but not wide enough. So, I sold it and made some money, but learned to just wait until the seat is available on the market and try to test it in person before buying. Good thing is, they are both good seats and you probably can't go wrong with either. I am leaning toward the True Fit because my 21 month old is still young and I was hoping this seat would be a last second seat I needed to buy, but given the expiration date, I would need to buy another one later anyway. I forget about expiration dates when I think about this stuff....there is so much to think over and debate....

DiaSmall

I have two kids. 3.5yo FF & 22mo Mostly RF.
My car has 2 FPSVD; Dh car only has a Scenera.

I was going to get 1 compass True fit for the 18in top slots... then put it in my car so DH could have the one of the FPSVD. Thats fair, 2 seats in each car.

I dont need it to rear face... and the GN is cheaper & converts.

I was happy with that.... but now, I want 2 Graco Nautiluses.... but I cant buy both now.
If I bought one for my 22mo it would expire before he outgrew it... Good thing he fits in teh Scenera still.

So, I can just buy ONE... see if I like it. If I do, I can buy a second one (or its new model) later... put them both in my car...
and eventually just good hbb in daddys car.... unless I dont like the GN as a booster.. then I'd put that in daddys car & get me better ones.

I think thats the plan... today.

wow... u dont have to read that... i just had to think about it to straighten it all out!

Wynters*Mom

Thanks for all your posts - hearing everyone's thoughts really helps me. :) Not to confuse things any more, but I'm thinking about the Regent as well. It's bigger, but we have Captain's chairs, so we have the room. It will be more expensive, but if I wait for the Feb. Britax sale, maybe not that much more expensive - and I'll get more years out of the Britax and she could be harnessed longer. What do you think?

nhlbluesgirl

I was wondering the same thing for my 22 month old, 26 lbs., 14" torso. He is forward facing, so I think I am now leaning towards the Nautilus.

For your situation, I would go with the True Fit, if it's between the Nautilus and the True Fit. The True Fit will allow him to RF until he is 35 pounds, which is much safer. :thumbsup:

melniemi

Thanks for all your posts - hearing everyone's thoughts really helps me. :) Not to confuse things any more, but I'm thinking about the Regent as well. It's bigger, but we have Captain's chairs, so we have the room. It will be more expensive, but if I wait for the Feb. Britax sale, maybe not that much more expensive - and I'll get more years out of the Britax and she could be harnessed longer. What do you think?

At 4 1/2 and 39 pounds, I would go for the regent. If babyuniverse has the same 209 price that has been found elsewhere, you can go through fatwallet.com to save an additional 4% and they often have 10% off coupon codes. I'll post one if I can find one!

ETA: SWEETTEN saves 10% on a $100+ order and as of now has no expiration. Lets hope it is still valid and they have a great price on Britax next month

Last edited:

mom2boys

At 4 1/2 and 39 pounds, I would go for the regent. If babyuniverse has the same 209 price that has been found elsewhere, you can go through fatwallet.com to save an additional 4% and they often have 10% off coupon codes. I'll post one if I can find one!

We have a Regent and really like it. I would either go with the Regent or the Nautilus for an older child. The Regent will definitely last until she is out of a car seat, and it 5 point harnesses the whole time. My almost 5 year old has been in a Regent for about a year and a half and it is nice. I feel like he is safe, and the seat has plenty of growing room. I would definitely go with a Regent for my main car if I were you. For a second seat, I was considering the Nautilus because maybe I could buy just one for both kids.

melniemi

OK, I just tested the coupon code and it is not valid:(

But I found a new one:D

SWEETTEN saves you 10% - no expiration listed, but who knows.

I'll go edit my other post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC