Graco Customer service gripe

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
I am not sure if I am overreacting, so I thought I'd post my situation and see what others think. I have a snugride dated 6-14-2002. It was used for my son when he was a baby. I took it out the other day because my sister had a baby and she was going to use it. I looked it over to make sure everything was in order. When I pulled off the cover I noticed the whole shell was stress-marked. It is a blue snugride shell, so I can definately tell when the seat has stress lines and areas, cause those areas look light blue/white. The graco rep told me to call graco, stating they have great customer service and a seat that is not expired should not look like that (or be used). So, I called today, explained that I was a technician and told the customer service lady what it looked like.
She tells me the car seat is not under warrenty and all they could do was send me a $10 cupon for my next graco seat. They didn't want to see pictures of the stress marks and couldn't tell me the seat was safe to use. She kept mentioning that the color might not have mixed with the plastic and so the blue coloring was off. I know what stress marks look like, and they are definately there. I am talking the whole shell of the seat has lines and large stressed areas. She said they couldn't do anything but send a cupon. There is no way I would recommend the seat be used, so I will trash it. I know at a check, I would have replaced the seat if it came to me that way. I am disappointed that they don't seem concerned at all, and maybe there are other people with this same batch of snugrides who have never removed their covers and discovered this same thing, and are now using potentially unsafe seats...
Makes me mad :(

OK, done complaining, am I over-reacting? Jen

ADS

LEAW

I'd call back and get a different rep and see what their story is. And then ask to speak to the supervisor if it's the same $10 coupon.

I've heard great things about their customer service dept, so yah, I don't think you're overreacting at all - they should be concerned if a 4 yr old seat has stress marks!!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Maybe e-mail them too. I'm having a problem w/ them right now too not admitting they actually make a product. That or someone is marketing something under the Graco name and it's not really from Graco? I'm sorry your seat looked that bad. I would never think to look under a cover at a check, maybe it's time to start.

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
Are you talking about the graco bundle me? I saw that the other day, and thought Wonderful... I'll be pulling these out of every infant seat I check at the hospital also LOL..
I will try calling back later, and e-mail with pictures. It really looks bad, and I won't use it anymore. I went out and bought my sister an infant seat cause she was counting on using mine.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Yeah, the Graco Snug Sac? I've seen it twice now in 2 different BRUs and the CS lady tells me they don't make anything like that. I still haven't gotten back out there to get the product # for her. I thought it would be great if it was crash tested etc w/ Graco seats so at least those people dead set on a bag product, could use that if they have a Graco seat. It was too expensive and un-cute for my liking though. lol It's hard to know when they tell me they don't make it though.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I want to see a picture of the stress marks, if you have one. I can't believe that they would only give you $10 off another seat. I used the same seat for my 1st 2 babies (bought one in fall '00 and the 2nd one in spring '03). I know for sure that the one I bought in '03 is still being used by the person I gave it to when I was done with it. That really bothers me too!

lovinwaves

lisa2976 said:
I'd call back and get a different rep and see what their story is. And then ask to speak to the supervisor if it's the same $10 coupon.

I've heard great things about their customer service dept, so yah, I don't think you're overreacting at all - they should be concerned if a 4 yr old seat has stress marks!!

I totally agree with Lisa. Sometimes getting a different rep can lead to better results. I would also ask to speak to the supervisor as lisa stated.

Lea_Ontario

Hmm - We've got a snugride here too - likely a 2001 or 2002 manufacture date (bought for my son, born 08/2002). I'll have to check it over really well before we use it for sure.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
We pull brand new Snugrides out of their packaging all the time and they're covered with stress marks. Graco needs to make those bases a little thicker, IMO.

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
I will try to get some pictures tomorrow to post, I have to find my batteries for my digital camera.. :) I will definately call again. I would love to get a new seat out of it LOL

C

childrestraintsafety

Yes I'd love to see pictures too, how interesting! (yet disappointing for their service or rather lack there of).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC