Question Graco Comfort Sport Car seat

adbourgoin

I really don't like this seat! But for now its all we have until I can get the True fit (Any reviews on it?)

The trouble I'm having with it is one strap always seems to be tighter then the other I have read the manual so many times trying to figure out why but its no help at all! Is any one else having this problem?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The True Fit has the same harness... but I hear it's easier to deal with than the ComfortSport. The problem is, the harness runs under the bum and up over the shoulders in one long loop... most other seats have two straps that end down by the hips under the bottom of the seat. So really the only cure is to pull the strap up on the side that it's too tight so that you can get the sides evened out....if you take it out and 'play' with the seat and get a feel for where the harness runs, it'll make more sense and you'll know exactly where to tug to get it just the way you need it. :)

Brilliantmama

I really don't like this seat! But for now its all we have until I can get the True fit (Any reviews on it?)

The trouble I'm having with it is one strap always seems to be tighter then the other I have read the manual so many times trying to figure out why but its no help at all! Is any one else having this problem?

I always had that problem with our comfortsport. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. I destroyed it and got better seats that work right for my girls.

adbourgoin

Well its nice to know that its just not the seat I have!

I have taken it all apart and redid it all but I always have to loosen it up and tug then tighten EVERY time I put her in the car seat! Its not an easy to use thing!

Any suggestions on car seat? My daughter is 17 months 21 pounds and 31 inches. I have a budget of under $300. She is forward facing ...I know I should of held her back facing a little longer but she was just not happy with it anymore! :(

skaterbabs

I'd suggest the Evenflo Triumph Advance, Britax Marathon, in that order.

And once you get the new seats, try your dd Rf again. It's VERY common for babies her age to fight RF. You can always move her FF again, but if you try her RF every so often she might just surprise you and stop complaining. It's the age more than anything else in my experience.

Depending on which seat you choose, she may not even be legal to FF yet at only 21 lbs.

U

Unregistered1

In the course of my reading complaints to NHTSA about car seats, I see this one VERY VERY VERY often for the comfort sport. The only way to really deal with it, I gather, is just to readjust every time. Annoying, I know, but all you can do in the meantime :(

I would also try RF with her again - we can give you pointers on how to install the seat a bit more upright now that she's older, that solves the 'not liking RF' problem for a lot of kids :)

sunnymw

I would also try RF with her again - we can give you pointers on how to install the seat a bit more upright now that she's older, that solves the 'not liking RF' problem for a lot of kids :)

:thumbsup: DS1 was very unhappy RF so, before I knew better, I turned him FF at 1yr and 19lbs... he's very very happy to RF now, though, with new seat that's more upright :) (We have a BLVD, but I think they are $309 now, otherwise I'd recommend it :) )

U

Unregistered

The straps are connected around the baby's waist and then under the seat. You can get the straps even by taking the loose strap and moving the excess past the buckle and around the waist, pass under the seat, around the otherside of the waist, and then to the tight strap. It sounds harder than it is. Once you get them even it does stay for the most part until you adjust everything again.

adbourgoin

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I played around with it a little more last night and got it pretty even and a snug fit! ..It think! But its a pain that I have to adjust it every time I put her in.

We have just switched her from rear facing to forward facing at 16 1/2 months because she would cry to the point of choking and I just can't drive like that but I wont give up and keep trying like you all have suggested.

Thanks again!

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Just for documentation purposes, I have the same problem with our comfortsport.... it drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristy00

My comfort sport does that and I have never found it to be an issue. I just pull on the too-tight strap and it pulls the slack (under the bum) from the loose one. I am in the habit now that before I buckle DD in, I just pull the straps out a bit (not loosen them, just pull them outwards if that makes sense) and see if they are even. If not, I give a little tug and voila! It takes all of 5 seconds.

Mommy2Marcus

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I played around with it a little more last night and got it pretty even and a snug fit! ..It think! But its a pain that I have to adjust it every time I put her in.

We have just switched her from rear facing to forward facing at 16 1/2 months because she would cry to the point of choking and I just can't drive like that but I wont give up and keep trying like you all have suggested.

Thanks again!

I also had a Comfort Sport & HATED that seat with a passion. My DS also hated it & would cry with it, it had twisty & uneven straps & I could also NEVER get it to tighten properly without a HUGE fight. I also wanted to add that my DS would get terribly upset while RF in the ComfortSport as well & got extremely car sick in this seat, so I turned him FF b/c of it!

Once we got new seats I tried him RF again & he now sits RF at all times. So it might be more the seat than the RF she hates. Another thing might be the angle she is at RF. She does not need to the full 45 degree angle for RF & can be as upright as 30 degrees. I would try her RF again with a more upright install.

Also I want to reccomend the Evenflo Triumph Advance (EFTA). I own this seat & :love: it! It is the seat in my sig picture. You can also see how upright he is! My son has SO much room to grow in this seat, so I feel confident that he will make it to booster age in this seat! It runs about $130 at Target! Good Luck finding a seat that suits you & your daughter!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC