going car seat shopping tomorrow!!

alake

Tomorrow I am going to purchase a new car seat. I was wandering if somebody could tell me the maximum inches on the Britax Marathon 65? I am hoping to get one in Alison for L. tomorrow while we are traveling with her. It will be picked up on the way, so installed and used for the trip home. It will be used forward facing. She is 27 pounds and as of last week stood at three feet on the dot tall.

ADS

alake

L. is three. I am wanting something with more recline, she sleeps in the car, if in it for more then forty five minutes usually. I am also looking for something with SIP. We are traveling over five hours tomorrow, two and a half there and two and a half back. Lots of city driving, and tons of highway.

tam_shops

That's the Classic style, right?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Marathon-Convertible-Seat-Onyx/dp/B000F1QL20"]Amazon.com: Britax Marathon 65 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx: Baby[/ame]

I have 17.5" for harness height.
25.5" for back height.
19.5" for width.

http://www.carseatdata.org/cnt/resources/Car-Seat-Measurements

But, if you are FF anyway, why not get the Frontier or nautilus? I'm not a fan of the Marathon for FF, the base is so tall that it's harder for the kids to get in/out on their own, especially outboard. It has no cup holders, which I know is stupid, but my 4YO thought it was a pretty big deal, wanted a new seat b/c his friends seats had cup holders & his did not. I put him in a RF Radian, no problem b/c it had a little side rider cup holder/basket on it! LOL Then, there is the Transport Canada testing and it just didn't look as safe as it could for a 65# child.

tam

alake

Is there a forward facing car seat that has good recline, so that she won't have bad head slump while sleeping. She is in a Nautilus in her Mom's car, and she looks uncomfortable while sitting in it. It is the newer version of the car seat then the one in the link above. I tried to make a link, but it just brings you to the babiesrus.ca home page.

icnee

L. is three. I am wanting something with more recline, she sleeps in the car, if in it for more then forty five minutes usually. I am also looking for something with SIP. We are traveling over five hours tomorrow, two and a half there and two and a half back. Lots of city driving, and tons of highway.

Why not try RFing that would give her a nice comfy recline for sleeping and give her the best SIP.

My DD2 FFed in a BLVD for a while she would cry cause it made her legs and lower back her. But when I turned her Rfing she was happier and did not cry at all.

icnee

I was looking at that seat in babies r us and the shell just looked so short.

It is really cute though.

Have you considered RFing.:)

or if you really want to FF then the frontier XT may work for you.

alake

I am thinking about turning her around. We are taking my older cavalier tomorrow, and only have one top tether in the center. My boyfriend's best friend is coming with us on the road trip, so it may be easier for her to be rear facing behind me the driver, with his friend behind him. I currently have an Evenflo triumph advance in my car.

mam521

The link does lead to the main BRU page, but the product number is for the Britax Marathon in the Alison cover.

I'm with the masses on here - why not RF your daugther if she's a sleeper? If you really want the Marathon, its likely better RF than FF. She's definitely light enough. Not sure if she's going to be short enough to remain in that seat for very long though. A SK Radian would likely be a better option as it has a 45lb RF limit, reasonably high harness slots and it would be relatively easy to load your daughter into it because it doesn't have a large base with a high shell side to lift her over.

If you aren't interested in RF'ing her and find the Nautilus isn't great, the Britax Frontier is a nice seat. It will likely be the last one you own since the XT models put you harnessed until 65lbs and boostered until 120lbs. It is also a lot easier to get a little one into because it doesn't have that big base underneath it. She just makes the minimum weight requirement of 25lbs.

You may run into availability issues at this point in time for any of the above mentioned seats. If you do, try http://www.snugglebugz.ca/ . The are the forum sponsor and are quite pleasant to deal with. My friend ordered a Frontier yesterday night and they've already shipped it today :thumbsup:

tam_shops

They have the Frontier in Pink here. So cute, I wish! LOL

If you are willing to RF her, what about the Radian? Also, Pink!

I know the new Britax seats say they RF to 40#s, but my 4YO is 10% for height/weight, 38#s & too tall for RF. It's such a shame, he could have RF to 40#s in the old seats, but they only went to 30#s here...Are you going to try her in it? Or buy it from somewhere that you can return it? It'd be such a shame to spend that kind of money & then find out that she only fits FF.

As for the head tipping forward, I only had a Frontier briefly but never remember ds's head tipping forward, that would have REALLY gotten me going! It was the first generation one (not the same as the new one) & the cup holders wouldn't stay closed in my car (hump) & then they broke & Britax happily replaced it w/ the MA I now have...by then I was bfp again & figured I'd be better off to get the Frontier now, when yds needed the MA & ods was almost out of it anyway, that way the last seat I need for YDS lasts the longest...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC