Frontier as HBB

U

Unregistered

Anyone's child ride in the Britax Frontier as a HBB? Was it easy to take the harness out and convert? Trying to decide if I should convert dd's or just get her a different booster and save the Frontier for ds (who probably won't need it for another year or so).

ADS

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
It does usually make a good booster. It is not hard to remove the harness, just be sure to read the instruction manual. There is a recline block that needs to be flipped back for booster mode. There is also a small screw you need to remove to adjust the headrest.

HappyHoo

Yes, my DD uses it as a booster b/c I wanted one with good leg support that didn't need a headrest behind it.

It fits my DD fairly well as a booster. Better now than it did back in the fall. She's a bit over 49" tall and 59 lbs now.

~joanna~

It may depend on your car. I was planning on using my daughter's Frontier as a booster but the seatbelt placement in my CRV meant that the seatbelt did not retract well. We made the decision to pass the frontier down and buy a booster that worked better in our vehicle.

2BunniesMommy

DD1 used it as a booster for quite awhile, until we got our new to us car a couple months ago which has short buckle stalks and it was just too hard to buckle the seat belt around the wide seat.

It was a great fit in our van and a great fit for her and really comfy. Good belt fit in the car also, but just hard to use.

Converting is not fun but not too bad either.

ETA: Forgot to say, if it works well in your car, I would go ahead and use it as a booster for now and re-evaluate in a year when your son is ready for it. I liked it a lot better than the booster she is in now, but at least she can buckle up nice and easy.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC