Front Seat

mommyoftwoboys

I saw a car today it was a firebird and it had a kid who was definately young and he was apparently in a car seat. Does anyone if its a law in any states or if its just a recommendation to have them in the backseat. I always thought it was illegal to have them in the front seat even with a car seat with a car that has airbags? this is a newer model Firebird, I can already tell so I cant see how it doesnt have airbags.
Anyone know

ADS

mominabigtruck

I didn't think it was the law but I could be wrong. I occasionally have put my oldest in the front when I'm out garage saleing and need to fit something in the back seat. I just put the seat clear back. I have noticed though alot of ohs seats in little cars, so I'm assuming its because they're easier to buckle then a 5 pt. I have to wonder if its safer to be in the front seat in a 5 pt or in the back seat in a ohs.

mommyoftwoboys

Found it online, it is a law, and base goes by state laws. However they are not enforcing it and say that because he was using the car seat in the front, that it was legal and all.
I am so disappointed, and Im sick of all of it now. I have tried to have a voice about all of this, and its been turned down everytime. So I will no longer say anything anymore. Nobody listens to me.
Thanks guys for all your help by the way!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC