Friend wants me to check her baby's carseat

AutumnMama

Is there anything specific I should check/know?
I believe she has this Eddie Bauer Convertable (they got it at Target).
Her baby is about 9-10 lbs.

I'll check her install (tightness, angle), strap height, and chest clip position; but is there anything else I should know to check for?

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Well, if I were you I'd insist on sharing an appointment with a tech & perhaps call the CPST 1st to let him/her know that you really want to encourage extended RF or whatever....

At least make sure to thoroughly read both the carseat & vehicle manuals -- feel free to call the manufacturers with questions (make sure it's not expired or under recall)!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Also make sure she knows how quickly that seat will be outgrown FF. And she will need another harnessed seat at that point.(If she's within her 90 days of purchase--I would encourage her to return and select a better seat)

If it is a 3-in-1 make sure she knows that you can't use the harness with the headrest all the way up---that is only for booster mode.

Susan

AutumnMama

She is within the 90 days, her baby is 5 weeks old, and her mom got them the car seat.
They do have very petite kids, their DD is 3 and MAYBE 23 lbs. Really tiny!
I'm not sure if they have a recipt, and I don't think Target will take returns/exchanges without a reciept..?

I was planning on going to Target to see what seats they carry when I go visit her anyway, so maybe I can check them out for her while I'm there.
She's pretty open to advice, and she knows I've been researching the heck out of the carseat issue, so she'd probably listen to me if I strongly suggested getting a different seat :)

U

Unregistered

Target will let her exchange it for something else in the baby section. She can get a new carseat, or toys, or whatever.
I would have her trade it for a Scenera and use the excess to buy other things, unless the roundabouts are on sale at your target or she is willing to spend some more to get a marathon.
She will really hate that seat, no matter how small her children are.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC