Free Boulevard 70 with purchase of 5 other Britax products

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS

kaharris83

How do they determine that? The carrier I just got was manu in 11/11...

The carrier I got has a 7/2011 DOM. I don't think they are very popular carriers so I'm not surprised the DOM's aren't very new. I don't think there's any way for them to determine from the UPC when the product was purchased. The UPC doesn't have the actual DOM unless you cut the entire tag off and I was only planning to send the actual UPC with the numbers you have to match on the Registry Rewards site.

Lilybug1

The promotion specifically states date of purchase and mentions nothing of DOM. I know my carrier also had a 2011 DOM so I was worried, but the UPC matched the one provided in the Britax Registry Rewards website. So I am not worried.

duckmama

How new do the UPCs need to be?

It needs to match their list, they have certain upcs they accept and if you buy a 2011 now they will usually be on the list. I went and checked out my local store that carries the carrier when I was looking at other stuff and every one of the carriers by britax they had on the shelf were 2011 DOM, I just do not think they move like ergo so they don't often reorder and that is why Britax is allowing the 2011 DOMS on it if you bought it in their timeframe.

duckmama

Just saw a bunch of britax pop up on eBay as open box with UPC codes cut off. Different sellers too. I worry they will stop this program soon because I'd all the people buying, cutting out the UPC and returning.

sparkle3116

Just saw a bunch of britax pop up on eBay as open box with UPC codes cut off. Different sellers too. I worry they will stop this program soon because I'd all the people buying, cutting out the UPC and returning.

I want to state up front that I think purchasing an item just to cut off the upc and return it is unethical. However, I think that Britax is unlikely to end the promotion early and here's why:

Britax is getting paid a wholesale price by a retailer such as Amazon for these carriers and their wholesale sales on these have probably skyrocketed, so I can't imagine they're too upset.

Amazon (and probably many other retailers) have a policy against accepting returns without UPC codes. Clearly they are accepting some of them back because we're seeing them show up on re-sale sites, and it may be that they write these kinds of things off as a cost of keeping customer goodwill. Overall, I imagine that these types of returns still constitute a very small percentage of their sales. Most people who are buying Britax carriers (even if just for the promotion) are not returning them. Even with the write-offs, Amazon is likely still making more off the increased carrier sales than they were before the promotion.

Finally, not all carriers an ebay without upcs are store returns.
Many of us have legitimately purchased carriers from retailers, cut the upcs off, and re-sold the carriers on e-bay (with full disclosure) at a loss just because we don't need another carrier.

Lilybug1

I see absolutely nothing wrong with someone buying the Britax carrier or other item, removing the UPC code, and then reselling it at an agreed upon price with full disclosure. I am sure the agreed upon price will be lower than retail and that second-hand buyer would get a Britax product at a great price. I don't see why Britax would care, because as pp mentioned, Britax obviously had a problem moving their carriers prior to this given their old DOM, and now they are getting a bunch of sales. What happens to them after they sold at retail, I don't think Britax cares, nor do I think they should care.

Now as far as someone removing the upc code and returning it, I think that's wrong but I for one am happy that NBD buys returns (Britax included) and resells them at a great price. For example, I bought a FR85 on NBD knowing full well it could have the UPC codes missing. I didn't care because I wanted FR85, the UPC code is the icing on the cake. It actually did have the UPC code, but honestly I wouldn't have cared if it didn't.

Now I just bought a Britax carrier on NBD and it may not have the UPC code on it. That would be a little disappointing because I don't really want the carrier but was hoping to get one with a UPC code for less than the one I already paid for at retail. If it doesn't have the UPC code, I may talk to NBD about returning it because it is not described as damaged box. I think as long as NBD and resellers disclose the missing UPC, it should be fine. In either case, I'm okay taking my chances.

Also, this promotion has made me buy more Britax things than I even need for the promotion. In scouring their categories, I found actually more small accessories than I knew existed but I actually have a need for, so even though I have a small accessory already, I actually want the seat protectors which I don't need for the promotion, so I'm buying them too.

Lilybug1

Oh, I also wanted to add that I checked the rules and it says that Britax will give 60 days notice prior to an earlier termination date. They will post it on their site and also send email to registered people. Also, submissions postmarked up to 60 days after termination date will be accepted. So I would just make sure you are signed up on their website, but I wouldn't worry too much about it for reasons sparkle explained.

hunypooh77

I have a stroller and a car seat, I still need a small accessory and large accessory and the carrier of course...if anyone has an extra of any of those I would be forever greatful!!
My little guy is 14 months and needs a new seat. The MA classic he is in is Ashley floral (dd's old seat) and expires in a year.

HadleysMom

I've bought the B-ready and got the second seat (large accessory) for free with the Free Ride event last month. I also bought the stroller organizer so now I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to buy a carseat and a carrier to get the free Blvd....
How much are people finding they have to spend to get the free seat? Any good deals found on the carrier or carseat? I would try NBD but I'm worried about no UPC on those-- anyone have luck with those?

Lilybug1

I received 2 frontiers from nbd recently and both had upcs on them. One of them had a nbd sticker over the upc. But a pp said that britax told them just to send with sticker on top.

I just ordered a carrier from them so will see.

I think it might be easier and more discrete to remove a carrier upc than carseat
upc. The carrier box folds into itself so can cut upc without leaving a hole in the box. With the frontier box, you must cut out cardboard underneath which leaves a gaping hole the box the actual carseat is shipped in. In any case nbd seems like a hit or miss with Britax upcs.

Last edited:

duckmama

I've bought the B-ready and got the second seat (large accessory) for free with the Free Ride event last month. I also bought the stroller organizer so now I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to buy a carseat and a carrier to get the free Blvd....
How much are people finding they have to spend to get the free seat? Any good deals found on the carrier or carseat? I would try NBD but I'm worried about no UPC on those-- anyone have luck with those?

Seems to be about 50/50 on the Britax upcs on NBD. For the record every other baby item I have purchased on NBD and I have 20 plus items had the upc code other than the Britax stroller even my Britax car seat. I think more are being removed from the carrier and stroller as the carrier no one really wants and the stroller is more expensive and I believe they are selling far more car seats than anything else. NBD has the cheapest carrier, I only see them on ebay without the upc codes or used and no box.

sparkle3116

Just a tip for corrugated boxes: if you use a utility knife you can cut through just the top paper layer and peel it right off with no significant damage to the box.

Here's the pic of my carrier box, but it's the same idea--cut through just the top layer all the way around.

DSCN3904.JPG

I think it might be easier and more discrete to remove a carrier upc than carseat
upc. The carrier box folds into itself so can cut upc without leaving a hole in the box. With the frontier box, you must cut out cardboard underneath which leaves a gaping hole the box the actual carseat is shipped in. In any case nbd seems like a hit or miss with Britax upcs.

kaharris83

If anyone has an extra carseat UPC I would really appreciate it. A kind Mama here offered me hers but her DH threw out the box before she got a chance to cut it out. Another kind Mama sent me hers but it got lost in the mail. I bought a carrier so the carseat is the last one I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC