FR85 Rushmore vs. canyon

Peanut520

Hi all. :eek: I'm new here, so here goes. I'm returning the nautilus I picked up from target for my parents car last week on sale and want to go with a FR85 since dd will be 3 and still sleeps in the car. I need 2 seats and want to pay the least I can so the cheapest ones I am finding are onyx, Rushmore, and canyon. I would love to get both in since she had that cover now on her RA, but I figure I'd try to save a few bucks since I'm upgrading from the graco.

I've done a lot of reading and it seems that people like the onyx for the easy of cleaning. I heard people like the canyon cover quite a bit too, but is it the same material as the Rushmore? But I hear about snagging issues on the Rushmore. Please weight in.

ADS

Peanut520

Sorry I think I left out that we want the cowmoo since she has it now and picked it out when I showed her the seats online.

Laurenc0101

I don't have any experience with the Onyx cover, but I do have the Rushmore and Canyon. They are not the same material. Both have the mesh back and the back half of the seat area. When looking at the pictures: The Rushmore is mesh where the light grey is. The dark grey and black are a plush material. The Canyon is mesh where the black is on the back part of the seat. The side black is plush, but the brown/tan is more of a suede-like material. I also don't have the Cowmoo, but I believe it is entirely plush. HTH :)

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I would buy the onyx one. That's just my opinion. It is a windbreaker type of fabric. I'd steer clear of anything mesh. Cowmoo is great too. We have a few different covers for ours and the onyx is one of them.

mom2kandm

We just got the cowmoo and it is entirely plush. Very nice.

If you can wait a little bit, justkidsstore.com has all the fabric covers for 212.49, but everything is out of stock right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC