Forward facing seats 20lbs OR 1 year?

bourriquet76

I'm just trying to win an argument. ;)

Someone is trying to tell me that their seat is 20lbs or 1 year to forward face.

Now my two are almost 11 and almost 8, so I haven't looked at a rear facing seat in years, but I can't imagine the guidelines have gotten worse since I had to buy those.

What current seats only specify weight or age, but not a mandatory both?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Technically the Orbit Toddler has no minimum age to forward-face, though it does have a 25-lb FF minimum. I'm not aware of any other seats that allow FF before at least 1 year AND 20 lbs.

bourriquet76

The person I'm arguing with has a Scenera.

I even showed her the flipping instructions online, explained to her how TX is a proper use state, and she is STILL arguing with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

MomToEliEm

Doesn't the Scenera also have the 34" minimum? I guess if she isn't interested in following the manual or weight and age, she won't care about the minimum height limit.

bourriquet76

According to her, a cop in Texas told her she was right.

And despite my copies of both the instructions and the law, she is still arguing that the cop is right. I mean, why read anything for yourself, right? ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC