Forward facing coccoro

abigaylebelle

Hey all,
I am trying to install a Coccoro forward facing in either of my subaru vehicles (forester and Impreza). It seems super reclined ff, more so even than rf. Any tricks?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Have you shoved back with your knees as you add weight, and are you using the lockoff and top tether?

Wendy

abigaylebelle

Yes to the top tether and lock off. I am putting my knee into the seat and pushing down with my weight. How do I shove back with my knees? Like where should I push on the seat?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You'll basically stand in front of it and use your knees/thighs to shove back toward the trunk as you shove down with your hand as you tighten. It's an awkward position, but usually effective.

Wendy

tomatodixie

Hey all, I am trying to install a Coccoro forward facing in either of my subaru vehicles (forester and Impreza). It seems super reclined ff, more so even than rf. Any tricks?
I'm a little late on this post, but I was looking through Coccoro and Subaru posts just now when I found this!

I have a 2013 Forester and a CCO as a second seat for my almost-3yr old. I am a nanny and when I have to do 3-across I install the CCO FF for the other girls to be able to buckle their seat belts/booster seats. When I first installed the CCO FF I thought the same thing as you- it sits way back, very reclined, almost like it is in a RF position. I made an appointment to have it looked at with a tech. Just so happens that the word spread that I was coming in with a Coccoro and 2 additional techs showed up just to check out the seat for their own experience (first one they've had in town haha). Anyway, after they spent an hour trying out all of it's installation varieties and having fun with it, all 3 techs said the seat was installed safely the way it sits in my vehicle, which looks pretty reclined in my opinion.

I will say that it is very easy to get a super tight installation FF using the seatbelt, but I always try lifting it upwards when I begin the process. By the time things get snug it situates itself in that awkward looking position. The top tether even presses down on the seat back sort of strange.

Just wanted to comment, as I totally relate to your concern. I'm sure this has already been resolved but if in doubt still just have it looked at by a tech.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC