Foonf vs Cllek vs Pacifica

Illedill

Hello,

I'm new here.

I already have a Diono Radian R120 that my 3 y/o rides in RF.
I have a 7 month old that is still in his Chicco Keyfit, but once he outgrows it, I need a good RF seat that will last for as long as possible.

I really like the Radian and was originally planning on buying the Pacifica for my little guy, but then I came across a bunch of reviews for the Foonf and it sounded like that's an awesome seat as well.

There are two things that I don't care for when it comes to my Radian. It's a pain to install correctly and when using the seat belt instead of the latch, the seat does move a little more to the left and right than it does when using the latch system.

I drive a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder, space is not normally an issue but can be when we try to install the car seats in a different car ( i.e. when we go on trips and have to rent a car etc.)

I want my kids to rear face as long as possible and I prefer the latch installation to a seat belt installation, but sometimes I have to use the seat belt.

My 3 year old is gonna need his Diono installed with the seat belt soon because of the weight limits for latch.

Any advice which car seat would be good for my little guy ince he outgrows his key fit?

First priority is safety. I want a safe, study seat that can RF as long as possible and I want the seat to accommodate tall kids).
I used to have a Britax that my son outgrew RF, that's why I went ahead and bought the Radian R120.

ADS

Dillipop

The foonf is a nice seat. My daughter at 4 could still rearface in it. I think it will come down to preference for you. I find the foonf easy to install with latch and belt and I like that though I need a boot to rearface just like the radian, I don't need an angle adjuster to get an awesome upright angle.

Other seats to keep in mind-

Britax just came out with a new convertible, the clicktight. It is taller than previous generations, especially the boulevard click tight. It is currently the tallest rearfacing seat on the market for usability. It is also relatively compact front to back.

The Chicco nextfit is also a tall rearfacing seat.

As are the Graco clones- milestone, headwise, etc.

These 3 seats are pretty compact front to back, while providing a lot of height. They all offer a 40 lb weight limit, which most kids should be able to use the seats until that weight, with how tall they are.

SnoGurl

I don't think you can go wrong with either seat.

I have a foonf and love it, find it very easy to install with seatbelt or UAS (9/10 I use seatbelt), my rider finds it very comfortable. I like the ability to use rigid latch and seatbelt when forward facing, and the anti-rebound bar is pretty important to me.

The Pacifica is also a great, long lasting seat. A little bit of movement (less then 1") is no big deal with either UAS or seatbelt install. I do find the install a bit finicky, and I don't like having to take the angle adjuster if I switch cars (which I do, often), but if you've been happy with the R120, there's no reason to think you'd be unhappy with the Pacifica.

Illedill

Re: Foonf vs Fllo vs Pacifica

Thanks for your input.
A feature that I really like about the Foonf is the bar- I'm originally from Europe and German car seats are required to have something similar to that bar and I think it's an awesome safety feature.

I was looking at the Chicco nextfit when I was comparing models- but the steel constructions of the Foonf as well as the Radian sound sturdier to me.

What's the child weight limit for the Foonf in RF for using the latch system?

I still don't really understand the new requirements of child weight/ seat weight/ combined weight for using the latch anchors. Well, I kind of do, but the Radian has what they call the super latch and apparently that system has different rules?

From what I've seen, the Foonf installes pretty good with the seat belts, probably with less wiggle room than the Radian- but then I'm afraid that climbing into the seat might be a little bit harder than with the Radian because the seat belt is sort of in the way?

I might have to read up on the Clicktight, I'm not familiar with that one just yet. What put me off a little with the previous Britax that we used to have was the high use of chemicals and off gassing though. And the harness was a pain to tighten and to adjust.
Thats another plus for the Foonf- green guard certified as well as no flame retardants.

What about the Fllo? the reviews on Amazon aren't great, but the description on the manufacturer's site doesn't sound bad at all

Illedill

OK, I was reading up on the new Britax seats. They do sound very good. And easy to install with that new system.
That doesn't help at all at deciding which seat to get though :roll eyes:

I'm still leaning towards the foonf though.

Oh, and one more question- I cannot install a RF tether in our car. Which I really hate. The Radian as well as the Britax seats offer a RF tether system, but we cannot use it. Does the steel bar of the Foonf take the place of a tether?

SnoGurl

Yes, the anti-rebound bar takes the place of a rear-facing tether. If you like the Britax, they will be releasing a ARB for the clicktight 's hopefully soon.

The rules for using UAS weight limit depends on what car you are using, as different manufacturers have different rules. Foonf says 40lbs child weight, unless the car manufacturer says lower, always defer to the lower number.

Rm2000hg

I have the Pacifica and really like it but I bought it for the higher forward facing weight limit because I have a big kid. If I were buying a seat for a child growing out of an infant seat, I would buy the Foonf. The ease of installation and fabrics are great. Since you can't tether rearfacing, I would definitely go with the foonf for the anti rebound bar.

Illedill

I have now narrowed to down to the Foonf vs the Fllo and ruled out the Britax and Radians.
Mainly because I couldn't stand the straps that our old Britax had and because I really want the anti rebound bar which Diono doesn't offer.

Who of you also owns a Fllo? The videos online sound great and I like the fact that it doesn't weigh as much which gives me a longer install via latch.
The only thing keeping me from getting the Fllo at this point is the reviews that it has on Amazon. The reviews for the Foonf there are much betterand make it sound like the quality of the Fllo is horrible. I don't get it though, because they should be pretty much the same except for the base, at least that's my impression after watching several videos and reading up on the Clek homepage.

Any thoughts that will help me make up my mind? Am I missing anything?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC