Folding Travel Booster?

jp123

Trying to determine if the Harmony Folding Travel Booster is a good solution. Does it fit well in most cars? Would be using it without trying it out first.
Taking DD1 and DD2 cross country. Grandparents have a maestro and typically DD1 uses that and we bring seat on plane for DD2. Wondering if easier to move DD2 to the maestro (and no car seat on plane) and DD1 to booster. Would ship booster to Grandparents and have them bring booster to airport so it would have to work without us trying it. I am not ready for DD1 to be in a low back, even for travel. The trip is in a week. We also have a trip in December to Colorado so DD1 could use the travel booster again (and for future trips) and we will definitely be bringing DD2 seat on that trip to use.
DD1 is 7 years 4 months. about 46" and around 45lbs. Rides in harnessed frontier 85 but is booster trained and mature enough for trip to be in booster.
DD2 is 4 years 8 months, and around 35lbs. Rides rear facing but I am fine with her forward for the trips.

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
To get an answer that would be accurate, we'd need to know what exact vehicle you'd want the booster to fit in. Even if it fits in 'most', the few it doesn't might include your parents' car. Can you post that info and then we can maybe search to see if anyone's used that booster in that particular vehicle? Or at least we can tell you if that vehicle has known compatibility issues.

jp123

Thank you. It is an older model Lexus SUV. And we would probably use it in rental car/SUV in future trips. Not sure if that helps. I know not every booster is perfect in every car, I guess just trying to figure out if this one is typically problematic or a good option for travel since it looks easy to transport with the folding.

henrietta

We have one in my mom's car, which is a nissan murano. don't think the booster will have trouble in most cars, b/c of how it's designed. No trouble for us anywhere we've used it.:)

nannykates

It sounds like a good solution for your family. Its not super tall and doesnt go backless so its short lived but is great at what it does! Ive put it in 2nd and 3rd gen oddys 2001 accord vw phaeton and a 2013 jeep wrangler without major issues. It wasnt great in the center of the jeep but was fine everwhere else.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I have one too, and I really like it. It's a nice solid booster for the price, and novel in the way it folds. We use ours for DH's truck, so the folding capability was exactly what we needed.

amandaj553

I have one (our first booster) that I am using for carpooling purposes and to booster train DS, who is 5.5, 45" and 45 lbs.

It fits him well in my 2004 Highlander (which is about the same vehicle as the Lexus RX 300 series if that helps), and also in other cars that we have used it in.

I really love it for the price, it is nice and sturdy and the wings are pretty deep. Belt fit on my smaller size DS is great!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC