First Years Truefit in a Hyundai Accent

Rinstah

My DD is 20 months and rfing. In my car she has a Truefit and I love it. Easy to install, she seems comfortable, etc. In DH's car we bought a cheaper seat thinking it would be fine (we bought the Safety 1st Scenera) but we have never been able to get it to install properly. We can't seem to get it level or tight enough. We even tried putting it in MIL's CRV and couldn't. We decided to get another Truefit for DH's car but he drives an Accent is hes quite tall so the seat is leaned back and pushed back a little far. Does anyone have this seat in an Accent? Does it fit? We could put it on the passengers side but would rather keep it in the middle. Oh, and we will need to move it in July so we can put that and a Graco infant seat in the car. Will they both fit?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure its a good purchase before I do so tomorrow.

Thanks!

ADS

djma

Welcome! Don't worry about asking questions! That's what we're here for! :D

Is his car a 4 door? I belive the TrueFit can be installed as upright as 35 degrees, especially for a toddler. You can try to install it in the center a little more upright to see if that will help. If not, I would move to the passenger side for now.

The scenera is a good seat, but can be outgrown quickly depending on your child's torso height (height from bottom of their bottom to their shoulders).

If you would like to keep the scenera, I would look for a tech in your area to help with the install.

Rinstah

Thanks for the help. His car is 4 doors. DD is already 31.5 inches and it says the seat goes to 32" so I'm hoping I can pick up the Truefit tomorrow onsale.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC