Final and last question on 5 pt. boosters...

YinzerMama

Kid are so funny about cup holders. I have to say, my girls LOVE the little hidey holes on the nauti... but they scare me. I can only imagine what would end up stashed in there. We had these cubbyholes in the back of our van and my son sits in the back, I opened them up and found them full of rocks and pine cones one day. :D

Last edited:
ADS

DebiF

That'll be my kid as well, a princess but a tomboy at heart. Her biggest concern (other than her cup holder) was to make sure I leave enough room for her giant stuffed bunny to still be able to sit next to her. :)

Keeanh

I wouldn't get a Frontier, just because of her size. You don't need the height on the harness, and you can't say for sure how she'll fit in it in booster mode in a couple years (or whenever she gains 5 lbs). I know my guys both hate it in booster mode compared to their Montereys. If she absolutely will not wait out those 5 lbs in her boulevard, or she outgrows it by height, my thought is to go with a Maestro for now and a dedicated booster later.

Kid are so funny about cup holders. I have to say, my girls LOVE the little hidey holes on the nauti... but they scare me. I can only imagine what would end up stashed in there. We had these cubbyholes in the back of our van and my son sits in the back, I opened them up and found them full of rocks and pine cones one day. :D

I opened one of those cubbies in my van one day and found about 20 live crickets. I made a new rule that day. They can put what they like in those things, as long as they're prepared to clean it all up -- including dead crickets :p.

YinzerMama

I literally laughed out loud about the crickets... I am just glad those cubbies latch shut, I have visions of us getting rear ended and pelted by boulders in the bargain! AT least crickets don't weigh much. :D

DebiF

I would pass out if I found crickets, dead or alive, in my car. LOL.

Anyway, when is it safe to put very petite kids into something like a Turbobooster or simliar? Hubby asked if I would consider the Nautilus for the short-term (since its on sale for $125) and in a year or two, move her into a dedicated booster.

henrietta

I would pass out if I found crickets, dead or alive, in my car. LOL.

Anyway, when is it safe to put very petite kids into something like a Turbobooster or simliar? Hubby asked if I would consider the Nautilus for the short-term (since its on sale for $125) and in a year or two, move her into a dedicated booster.

I think that's a great idea. :) Use the harness for now. If it doesn't fit her that well as a booster in a year or two, you could sell it and buy a nice high back booster and not have to spend that much at all. ;)

It's "safe" for her to be in a booster when she can sit properly at all times, at least 4 yrs old, and at least 40 lbs. Those are the general "rules". I prefer safer though...closer to 6 yrs old is better to me. Petite is okay if the booster fits properly and can be used properly and the petite child is closer to 6 (in my opinion-as you've seen--lots of opinions on this, even among techs).

henrietta

DebiF

Thank you Henrietta, and everyone else for all your help and patience with my 1000 questions. We ordered the Nautilus last night...found and like the Maura pattern so only thing to do is get it and hopefully get it installed right.

DebiF

I just have to say that the dedicated boosters are SO cute/girly. :love: I think I'm going to keep the old Evenflo instead of sell it and hope TRU still does the trade-in events in another 2 years. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC