Question Evenflo Triumph RF - can't get to the knobs

Jenavira

Hey everybody, it's my first question! We are switching out our car seats and having a problem. We used to have an Evenflo Triumph RF in my Honda Fit, but we recently bought a Britax Marathon for my car and moved the Triumph to my husband's Honda Civic. The Triumph worked just fine in my car, but in the Civic, the sides of the back seat are curved more, so when we put the Triumph in RF, the knobs to adjust the harness are blocked by the side of the backseat. (If that makes sense!) We tried putting a rolled-up towel under the front of the seat to make more space but that didn't help any.

We've just turned the seat around for right now since she's well over the minimum for FF, but I'd much prefer to keep her RF for a while yet so I'm hoping one of you might have an idea! If all else fails we'll just switch the seats again and put the Triumph back in my car, but for lots of reasons I'd rather not do that. Any thoughts?

ADS
We had the same issue in our Grand Caravan and basically just had to deal with it - with a towel under it. We just got the straps tight enough and then didn't adjust them very often since it was so hard. Hopefully someone else has a good idea that will help us both. :)

Jenavira

No, the car seat is on the passenger side. We'd like to do a center install but we'd have to use the seat belt and we are both rotten at seat belt installations. The next car seat clinic in our area is in about a month so we may get them to do it then.

Brianna

If you peel back the cover its easier to pull the sea belt from in the belt path to get it tight. While it's installed outboard, try tightening the knob in the middle of the car.

Jenavira

We have tried that but it's super awkward, and since the other knob is wedged against the seat, it provides that much more resistance. Such a pain! I think the only real solution will be a center install when we can get to it.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
We can probably find a tech near you to help you learn to install it with a seatbelt. I know personally, I can almost always meet with someone who calls me the same day.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC